EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Because they don't agree with anything the EU has to say they just want out, what part of out can't you understand.

The bit where they don't mind pocketing the salary and expenses. If they're so opposed they could boycott the place and not take the money as Sinn Fein do over here.

Following that logic, why would we Sheffielders be interested in or why we feel that our MP has anything to add to a debate on the crisis in social care in Liverpool or Llandudno.

But they would get to vote on it ;)

Because they are in our country and our taxes are used allegedly to pay for national programmes.

The bit where they don't mind pocketing the salary and expenses. If they're so opposed they could boycott the place and not take the money as Sinn Fein do over here.

So you would like UKIP MEP's to act more like Sinn Fein MP's?

Sinn Fein MPs are not allowed to draw an MP's salary or pension because they refuse to sit in the Commons, its not because they declined the pay.

But they do take a nice chunk of money for houses they obviously don't need.

Sinn Fein MPs claim £500,000 to pay for London flats even though they never go to Parliament.

What has my service got to do with anything? Serious question.

Your understanding of the nature of the reality of the front line. I just assumed as you seemed to recoil in horror at the concept of us having to shoot violent people that you hadn't served.

A good question well put and one which underlines the fact that we don't really have a clue how the European Parliament works, what it does, who does what, when, how or why.

I like to think I'm reasonably well informed but I have to confess to not having the first clue about any of the above questions, we just received the legislation without having had any contribution towards it or knowledge that it was being considered.

Why would a Parliament not want citizens knowing what's going on? The information is there but which of us follows it, and when was the last time a BBC journalist stood outside one of the EU Parliament buildings to interview an MEP on some piece of legislation.

After all, it is Ukraine Week in the EU so why aren't they reporting on the Opening of the high-level conference on capacity building of the Verkhovna Rada

This is exactly the point I have been making for a long time here. The British establishment has been using the EU as a scapegoat for decades, every decision that was controversial was replied to with 't wasn't us, 't was 't EU'

If anything the referendum is making the Brits finally become aware of how the EU works. One thing that people will hopefully, finally, take notice of is that the EU might take direction from the individual member states (ie. Cameron and equivalents) but the parliament which is voted in by the public has the final say on a lot of the matters. Maybe the UK will start taking it's responsibility when it comes to voting for the EU next time, instead of voting in a party that has repeatedly been shown to have no time for either the UK or the EU.