EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Very true but the bottom line is there is no political will to take us out of the EU.

This I agree with.

They'll struggle to avoid it if the referendum goes that way. I don't think the UK people will tolerate the usual tactic of repeating the referendum until they get the "right" answer.

They have 2 advantages which are that the machinery of government is behind the IN campaign and leaving is fundamentally more scary than staying in.

There is of course the option of stalling following the vote as there's no requirement for the transition to be completed in 2 years.

And of course they can sign the country up to all manner of European arrangements (starting with EFTA) which collectively may be almost as constricting. Still a later government will find it easier to get out of those.

That's a very good reason to vote out, the EU is better off if the UK stays in, so a vote to leave will very likely result in more favourable terms if we stay.

If we vote out, we need to get out.

Anything else would be an intolerable betrayal.

Oh dear, did I step on your toes? The truth hurts doesn't it?

What? You aren't making sense and it's a bit early to have been drinking so I expect that you can explain yourself better. Try again, but this time don't insult your hosts who you personally have much to be grateful to.

I agree but I don't think it will happen, I think if we vote out there will be a flurry of activity to keep us in and that will result in more favourable terms.

I can imagine if we vote to leave then at some stage Europe might approach wanting us back and in 20 years we might have a referendum on rejoining a trading area on different terms.

However I think if the UK does leave the EU that in 20 years there won't be an EU to rejoin. More likely would be other states who have also broken free from the yolk looking to form trading partnerships with us.