EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Brexit will nip into the lead and the utterings of the remain campaign will become more shrill, hysterical and nonsensical (If that's possible) maybe Barrack Obama poking his nose into something that doesn't concern him and no sane US politician would countenance something similar in their own country (And no being in NAFTA is not similar) will help tip the balance.

You couldn't get any closer. This poll of polls has Remain and Leave at exactly 50:50

http://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/poll-of-polls/

I think it has to be a decisive win. At least 55:45 in favour of either choice.

Anything else and I don't see how politically it can be pushed through parliament.

Personally I'd be devastated if we leave on a 51:49 vote especially if the turnout is low. I don't want us staying in on a 51:49 vote either because as a Brexiter I'd see that as a green light to continue campaigning.

In or out it has got be decisive

Edited by I1L2T3

I think it has to be a decisive win. At least 55:45 in favour of either choice.

Anything else and I don't see how politically it can be pushed through parliament.

Personally I'd be devastated if we leave on a 51:49 vote especially if the turnout is low. I don't want us staying in on a 51:49 vote either because as a Brexiter I'd see that as a green light to continue campaigning.

In or out it has got be decisive

As far as I'm concerned, if one side wins by a single vote the matter is settled. That's how democracy works.

As far as I'm concerned, if one side wins by a single vote the matter is settled. That's how democracy works.

That wouldn't settle it unfortunately. No politician is going to invoke exit clauses based on that. And no politician can triumphantly move forward after a stay vote result like that.

It needs to be decisive and clear either way.

There's an interesting page here: 116 reasons to Vote In.

Being in favour of staying in is fine so long as you're in awareness that being in, as we have been since 1973, is the ultimate reason for the ending of subsidy for certain industries, the privatisation of BT, British Rail, Royal Mail, the creeping privatisation of the NHS and turning our schools into academies etc. The fact that privatisation fits in with Tory ideology is purely coincidental. Public services are being privatised because we're in the EU.

That wouldn't settle it unfortunately. No politician is going to invoke exit clauses based on that. And no politician can triumphantly move forward after a stay vote result like that.

It needs to be decisive and clear either way.

You can't very well hold a referendum on Brexit, get a result and then ignore it.

Maybe we won't have triumphalism but we'll get a decision.