EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

The EU is good for us Penis tone 999, the 350 million is a vastly inflating figure, discounting the rebate, farmers relief and a myriad of other things.

It has been good for us and perhaps does need a little adjusting, but we are better in.

I will pay you for your vote if you are interested?

We can pay for the protectionist farming subsidies and everything else post Brexit if thats what the UK people want. Which it seems to be. I don't really mind.

Even after that, we'll have over £10billion per year left over.

This is the net price of membership including subsidies, grants and everything else. We're paying the EU over £10 billion per year so that they can sell us stuff.

I say that because they sell us the best part of £100 billion per year more than we sell them. What's the big fear about Brexit again. Loss of trade? A £100 billion deficit is worth £10 billion a year to us is it?

---------- Post added 16-04-2016 at 15:39 ----------

Aside from the eternal misunderstanding of what intrinsic value is. What on earth makes you think the government will spend that money on doctors, nurses, policemen and teachers?

Because that's what they spend the bulk of taxpayers' money on now.

What do you think they'll spend it on?

My big problem is that of the unknown. As things stand we are doing very well. We are safe, rich and migration is relatively low, despite what the scaremongers tell us. By 2040, we are predicted to be challenging Japan for the title of world's 3rd largest economy.

This is not the foundation for a jump into the unknown. We have no idea what the terms of our divorce from the EU will be. Will we have access to the single market? How will the many, many European Headquarters of global companies based in the UK react to us being outside the trading block? Big banks?

Will we be able to agree trade deals to replace the ones we will lose? What terms will they be on? There is a danger that other nations will see desperation in us and push for terms that favour them (thing of a company that has just lost a lot of business and needs to re - negotiate, other companies would surely use it as an opportunity).

For me, it is better the devil you know.

My big problem is that of the unknown. As things stand we are doing very well. We are safe, rich and migration is relatively low, despite what the scaremongers tell us. By 2040, we are predicted to be challenging Japan for the title of world's 3rd largest economy.

This is not the foundation for a jump into the unknown. We have no idea what the terms of our divorce from the EU will be. Will we have access to the single market? How will the many, many European Headquarters of global companies based in the UK react to us being outside the trading block? Big banks?

Will we be able to agree trade deals to replace the ones we will lose? What terms will they be on? There is a danger that other nations will see desperation in us and push for terms that favour them (thing of a company that has just lost a lot of business and needs to re - negotiate, other companies would surely use it as an opportunity).

For me, it is better the devil you know.

That's understandable.

I expect a lot of people are thinking that way.

I on the other hand am not the least bit afraid of switching back to the state of affairs politically pre-1972, and the hundreds of years of stable UK government and thriving trade associated with it.

I also think we need urgently to address our balance of trade and I don't think we can do that within the EU framework.

Because that's what they spend the bulk of taxpayers' money on now.

What do you think they'll spend it on?

Tories remain in power - reducing the deficit.

Labour get into power - Plugging black holes left by the previous government.

We're paying the EU over £10 billion per year so that they can sell us stuff.

Quotes like this demonstrate you should stick to particle physics as you haven't got a scooby about economics.

Tories remain in power - reducing the deficit.

Labour get into power - Plugging black holes left by the previous government.

Quotes like this demonstrate you should stick to particle physics as you haven't got a scooby about economics.

And why are the current government having to reduce the deficit ?

Thats right, because the previous Labour regime ran up massive debts

No it doesn't at all. The study concludes that brexiters are more likely to be less educated and have a lower IQ, it doesn't state they are all idiots.

And people who like to wear explosives, or fly planes into things on average seem to be intelligent creatures.:huh:

---------- Post added 16-04-2016 at 18:13 ----------

The EU is good for us Penis tone 999, the 350 million is a vastly inflating figure, discounting the rebate, farmers relief and a myriad of other things.

It has been good for us and perhaps does need a little adjusting, but we are better in.

I will pay you for your vote if you are interested?

We don't need the Euro to dish money out to our farmers. We can do this ourselves. The French farmers would be a bit peed off though if we pull out.

Complete and utter nonsense. All of that is down to the UK government pushing for it, to state that wouldn't have happened without the EU is the biggest load of crock ever, Britain is by far the most market liberal nation in the EU and has been ever since Thatcher took over.

Why were BT, British Rail, Royal Mail, our schools and hospitals nationalised in the first place then?

Despite all the talk, Europe is to become a single super state, that's the direction of travel, and it wont do that a mere constituent part of it - Britain, has its own self contained-British-taxpayer-funded infrastructure. This is why over time and with each passing treaty, we've been "selling Britain by the Pound" as Genesis would say. The writing is on the wall for the BBC as well.

Why were BT, British Rail, Royal Mail, our schools and hospitals nationalised in the first place then?

Despite all the talk, Europe is to become a single super state, that's the direction of travel, and it wont do that a mere constituent part of it - Britain, has its own self contained-British-taxpayer-funded infrastructure. This is why over time and with each passing treaty, we've been "selling Britain by the Pound" as Genesis would say. The writing is on the wall for the BBC as well.

What is your referential framework here Alan? What are you comparing to? Because I can assure you that what you are saying about privatisation is nonsense. You do understand things change over time, right? Things were nationalised under a UK government and privatised under a UK government.

That is what happens when your government basically has two options like it has here. Get Tories get market liberalism, get Labour get... well actually, I don't know what you get with Labour any more.