EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

OK, lets look at this from the other point of view rather split hairs over the details.

Why did the network providers charge so much money whenever a phone was used abroad?

I'm not sure such speculation is useful.

I'm not sure such speculation is useful.

If the extra costs to the network providers was minimal, why did they charge their customers so much? I cannot come to any other conclusion than they were exploiting their customers.

If the extra costs to the network providers was minimal, why did they charge their customers so much? I cannot come to any other conclusion than they were exploiting their customers.

I have no idea. One would have expected the providers to compete in this area of service as well as others.

It used to be similar for domestic data. Orange once sent me a bill for £100 for domestic mobile data. Never used them since.

I considered that a satisfactory resolution of the matter.

Who's making the charges? The operator who contracted with the customer or the operator who's network is being used?

I struggle with the diagnosis of exploitation, because unlike in my old case with domestic data, I was not explicitly warned. Roamers are explicitly warned.

This debate seems to be more about people who don't know how to use their phones. Everyone has known for ages that overseas charges are high. Turn it off if you don't know and use the internet supplied by the hotels or various internet cafes.

Relax the world wont end if you don't tweet something nobody will read.

This debate seems to be more about people who don't know how to use their phones. Everyone has known for ages that overseas charges are high. Turn it off if you don't know and use the internet supplied by the hotels or various internet cafes.

Exactly. If the the best reason for staying in is because some need their backsides wiping it's fairly pathetic.

The cost of Eu membership is ridiculous. This one school will cost the taxpayer a fortune. Been trying to find figures on how much it cost but I've given up. Safe to say its a lot though...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3569230/Primary-school-Glasgow-222-pupils-not-single-one-Scottish-Headteacher-pleads-crowdfunding-cash-teach-Slovakian-Asian-Romanian-pupils.html

Edited by MikeFrank

Exactly. If the the best reason for staying in is because some need their backsides wiping it's fairly pathetic.

Apart from you, who else has said that it's the best reason for staying in the EU? :hihi:

Yep, not sure what all the fuss is about I thought everyone would have been using Skype to call home from abroad.

Yep, not sure what all the fuss is about I thought everyone would have been using Skype to call home from abroad.

If one can get on some wifi, that's fine.

I think this is primarily about data charges.

And then get charged a bid fee for data usage?

It looks like the EU may have saved you from a potential big bill if you went abroad. Aren't we lucky that we have a government who's happy to take on big businesses and stand up for the little guy!