EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

The biggest, best paid football competition in the world by far.

Great argument to stay in the EU, hadn't thought of that one, thanks Hots On.:love:

No comments on my list then.

I can't decide whether you're going to try to ignore it or claim it's invalid or silly for some reason.

No comments on my list then.

I can't decide whether you're going to try to ignore it or claim it's invalid or silly for some reason.

I care about as much about your list as I care about your understanding of an open market.

I care about as much about your list as I care about your understanding of an open market.

Nicely done. Avoided that one. Phew.

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 17:47 ----------

That compares to the Brexit's argument - You can't trust the Germans.

Brexit argument:

There has been loss of sovereignty. There's more to come. We'll be absorbed into a European super-state. That's a bad idea both economically and ideologically/politically.

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 17:55 ----------

I've struck out the arguments you've not had from serious debaters (IIRC...as it's a big thread by now, and I don't fancy dwelling back needlessly for the sake of contradicting your conceited post).

On with the show :)

Did you mean to leave in both 7a and 7b?

Edited by unbeliever

The biggest, best paid football competition in the world by far.

Great argument to stay in the EU, hadn't thought of that one, thanks Hots On.:love:

For who though? only a tiny minority of players, managers and owners are English. Before the Premier league English clubs with mostly British players were dominant in Europe for a long time.

For who though? only a tiny minority of players, managers and owners are English. Before the Premier league English clubs with mostly British players were dominant in Europe for a long time.

So are you suggesting that we should go back to the 1970s when the English national team couldn't qualify for a World Cup? It's not the greatest analogy.

So are you suggesting that we should go back to the 1970s when the English national team couldn't qualify for a World Cup? It's not the greatest analogy.

A national team will always suffer when lots of overseas players arrive. This is not unique to England the same things happened when Italy and Spain attracted all the best players.

Clubs don't produce local talent but buy ready made stars. It also effect young English players getting a chance with clubs so their development is hindered.

The national team didn't qualify for the 1994 world cup either. That's WITH the Premier league in place, granted in its infancy though.

The point I'm making is that this country had a thriving football culture with home grown players, and filling it full of foreigners just killed that. The Premier league has been great for the Premier league, but a disaster for English football. Just like Britain's membership of the EU has been great for the EU but a disaster for Britain.

A national team will always suffer when lots of overseas players arrive. This is not unique to England the same things happened when Italy and Spain attracted all the best players.

Clubs don't produce local talent but buy ready made stars. It also effect young English players getting a chance with clubs so their development is hindered.

The national team didn't qualify for the 1994 world cup either. That's WITH the Premier league in place, granted in its infancy though.

The point I'm making is that this country had a thriving football culture with home grown players, and filling it full of foreigners just killed that. The Premier league has been great for the Premier league, but a disaster for English football. Just like Britain's membership of the EU has been great for the EU but a disaster for Britain.

You guys are hilarious. The PL is by far the biggest national football competition on the planet, the FA Cup is watched all over the world, even the Championship is huge. But somehow it is all worthless because EU.

Sound reasoning throughout, really.

I love how you choose to highlight and make a point on that and gloss over the likes of Nottingham Forest, that's, NOTTINGHAM FOREST, winning the European cup TWICE.

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 19:00 ----------

You guys are hilarious. The PL is by far the biggest national football competition on the planet, the FA Cup is watched all over the world, even the Championship is huge. But somehow it is all worthless because EU.

Sound reasoning throughout, really.

I don't think you're as daft as to completely miss the points I'm making. You're just being deliberately obtuse. Because you know I'm right.

Edited by Hots on