EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Thanks,

The simple fact remains, the trade deficit is tiny compared to the GDP, the British economy relies on buying low, selling high.

Leaving the single largest market in the world to do so does not make sense.

Following on with The Movie,

I was voting in. Now I'm voting out. We are governed by unelected beaurocrats so lets take the opportunity to leave.

Are you taking about the people who our elected representatives appoint, or the representatives that we vote in ourselves? Maybe you're taking out the UK's civil service?

Are you taking about the people who our elected representatives appoint, or the representatives that we vote in ourselves? Maybe you're taking out the UK's civil service?

No I'm talking about the European commission. The EU is is anti democratic.

---------- Post added 16-05-2016 at 15:30 ----------

Switzerland have trade deals worth 8 times the entire eu put together. Japan has more. Singapore has more. We don't need to be part of EU to trade with Europe and the rest of world.

European commission: 1 President, 7 Vice-Presidents and 20 Commissioners

A new team of 28 Commissioners (one from each EU Member State) is appointed every five years.

The candidate for President of the Commission is proposed to the European Parliament by the European Council that decides by qualified majority and taking into account the elections to the European Parliament.

The Commission President is then elected by the European Parliament by a majority of its component members (which corresponds to at least 376 out of 751 votes).

Following this election, the President-elect selects the 27 other members of the Commission, on the basis of the suggestions made by Member States. The final list of Commissioners-designate has then to be agreed between the President-elect and the Council. The Commission as a whole needs the Parliament's consent. Prior to this, Commissioners-designate are assessed by the European Parliament committees.

There sure is a lot of electing going on, for an 'anti-democratic' body :hihi:

---------- Post added 16-05-2016 at 15:30 ----------

Switzerland have trade deals worth 8 times the entire eu put together. Japan has more. Singapore has more. We don't need to be part of EU to trade with Europe and the rest of world.

And yet, Switzerland copped for the EU free movement and Schengen.

Since the UK has nowhere near "trade deals worth 8 times the entire eu put together", is that an admission by the Brexit camp that the UK would cop for the EU free movement post-Brexit, one wonders? I'd actually LOL to the point of peeing myself, if the UK had to cop for Schengen as well, especially post-Summer 2015 :hihi:

Japan and Singapore are not EU or EEA members, last I checked. And if you think it's desirable for the UK to emulate Japan, I'd suggest that you take a passing look at their 20 years' worth of dead cat-bouncing economy and stagflation.

Edited by L00b

If the EU creates jobs why mass unemployment across the EU?

Anyway it's clear we should leave this failing superstate. Win back our sovereignty, democracy & borders and increase trade with the entire world in the process. Thanks.

---------- Post added 16-05-2016 at 15:34 ----------

European commission: 1 President, 7 Vice-Presidents and 20 Commissioners

A new team of 28 Commissioners (one from each EU Member State) is appointed every five years.

The candidate for President of the Commission is proposed to the European Parliament by the European Council that decides by qualified majority and taking into account the elections to the European Parliament.

The Commission President is then elected by the European Parliament by a majority of its component members (which corresponds to at least 376 out of 751 votes).

Following this election, the President-elect selects the 27 other members of the Commission, on the basis of the suggestions made by Member States. The final list of Commissioners-designate has then to be agreed between the President-elect and the Council. The Commission as a whole needs the Parliament's consent. Prior to this, Commissioners-designate are assessed by the European Parliament committees.

There sure is a lot of electing going on, for an 'anti-democratic' body :hihi:

Elected by who?