EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Thats not relevant to the question asked, joining the Schengen Area is mater of choice and not being in it doesn't stop trade.

So your complete lack of precedence on the matter is ok in justifying your statement?

So we are to just believe you on blind faith? No thanks, I observe what is the current status quo and extrapolate accordingly.

Your strength of argumentation is really spoiling us :hihi:

There isn't no point because no one is going to change their stance.

---------- Post added 19-05-2016 at 20:57 ----------

So your complete lack of precedence on the matter is ok in justifying your statement?

So we are to just believe you on blind faith? No thanks, I observe what is the current status quo and extrapolate accordingly.

No idea what the first question means, you can chose to believe anything you like, your choice.

Could someone please help to shed some light on a question I have?

The majority of pro Brexiters I have heard have given immigration as their main reason for wanting to leave.

I heard that one of the countries that have voted out (Norway?) has had to keep their borders open to EU immigrants as part of a deal that they are allowed to keep trading within the EU. Is this true?

I wanted to get further clarification on this because if it is true, the overwhelming number of people who would be voting out of the EU in an attempt to reduce further immigration might be voting under false pretences and that would be a huge thing.

Norway and Switzerland: The key figures

• In 2012, proportionate to their populations, Switzerland accepted four and a half times more EU migrants than the UK in gross terms.
  • In 2012, all three European Economic Area (EEA) countries (Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) accepted more EU migrants per head than the UK in gross terms.
  • In 2013, net EU immigration was just over four times higher in Switzerland than in the UK, proportionate to their populations. Net EU immigration to the UK would have been 393,503 higher if the UK had the same rate of EU net immigration as Switzerland.
  • In 2013, 15.6% of the Swiss population was born in an EU country. Meanwhile, only 4.2% of the UK population was born in another EU country. In 2013, all EEA countries had a higher percentage of EU-born populations than the UK.

Here read this: http://openeurope.org.uk/intelligence/immigration-and-justice/norway-and-switzerland/

London will remain one of the top financial centres of the world.

not necessarily

london is a major centre of eu finance, it's hard to see how that will continue if we were outside the eu. without the flow of money to and from the eu it's hard to see london remaining one of the top financial centres.

not necessarily

london is a major centre of eu finance, it's hard to see how that will continue if we were outside the eu. without the flow of money to and from the eu it's hard to see london remaining one of the top financial centres.

Despite your fears it will remain the financial capital of the world.

TTIP another reason to vote out.

---------- Post added 19-05-2016 at 20:44 ----------

Despite your fears it will remain the financial capital of the world.

Absolutely right. New York, Zurich, Tokyo & Singapore are not in the EU last time I checked. It proves you don't have to be part of a trading bloc to trade with the rest of the world or other trading blocs or financial markets.

Edited by Tomjames
Tokyo

TTIP another reason to vote out.

---------- Post added 19-05-2016 at 20:44 ----------

Absolutely right. New York, Zurich, Tokyo & Singapore are not in the EU last time I checked. It proves you don't have to be part of a trading bloc to trade with the rest of the world or other trading blocs or financial markets.

Phew, fortunately another resident expert confirmed Sutty in his belief. I am now doubly convinced!

Worst case scenario if we stay is far worse than it is now.

I'm 50:50 at the moment but this kind of crappy argument would lead me to vote stay in.

There doesn't appear to be any substance to your arguments but tell me in what ways would things be much worse?