EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I'm 50:50 at the moment but this kind of crappy argument would lead me to vote stay in.

There doesn't appear to be any substance to your arguments but tell me in what ways would things be much worse?

Well I'm not answering for him or her, but I think things will be worse when the EU collapses and if we're still in it.

At least when it collapses, if we vote out, we might have a few years to become independent first, and the inevitable crash which will affect all of us worldwide in the [western world], might be less brutal.

Well I'm not answering for him or her, but I think things will be worse when the EU collapses and if we're still in it.

At least when it collapses, if we vote out, we might have a few years to become independent first, and the inevitable crash which will affect all of us worldwide in the [western world], might be less brutal.

There is no evidence the EU will collapse if the UK stays in.

Bizarrely the thing you worry about is more likely to happen if we leave, with a good chance of it starting during our 2 year window for exit while we are still members.

I never mentioned evidence. I've said all along that I think it will collapse. It's what I think will happen, and since I think that, then I'm going to vote according to my thoughts in the best interests of people in the country that I live in. Selfish eh? :roll:

Bizarrely the thing you worry about is more likely to happen if we leave

Yeah nice try with the TV talk. (I never mentioned worry) - I think it will happen.

Bizarrely the thing you worry about is more likely to happen if we leave, with a good chance of it starting during our 2 year window for exit while we are still members.

Same as above.

-

Let's look at this scenario:

1. UK leaves

2. EU collapses

Do you think that means it's worth being in?

If anything, that is the bizarre thing here, not my comments.

If we're essentially holding it together, then it shows how weak it is!

other scenario:

1. We stay in

2. EU collapses

Which would you prefer? if the EU is to collapse?

Edited by *_ash_*

I never mentioned evidence. I've said all along that I think it will collapse. It's what I think will happen, and since I think that, then I'm going to vote according to my thoughts in the best interests of people in the country that I live in. Selfish eh? :roll:

Yeah nice try with the TV talk. (I never mentioned worry) - I think it will happen.

Same as above.

-

Let's look at this scenario:

1. UK leaves

2. EU collapses

Do you think that means it's worth being in?

If anything, that is the bizarre thing here, not my comments.

If we're essentially holding it together, then it shows how weak it is!

other scenario:

1. We stay in

2. EU collapses

Which would you prefer? if the EU is to collapse?

Daft question because there isn't any evidence the EU will collapse. Explain why you think it will collapse.

I've read the eu budget is €144bn (I'm not sure whether that includes our full amount or nett figure). They'll be missing £8.5bn (again our nett figure - could be £13bn gross)from us every year. It won't collapse but it might wobble.

Edited by tinfoilhat

I've read the eu budget is €144bn (I'm not sure whether that includes our full amount or nett figure). They'll be missing £8.5bn (again our nett figure - could be £13bn gross)from us every year. It won't collapse but it might wobble.

If we stay in why will it collapse?

Daft question because there isn't any evidence the EU will collapse.

How can I provide evidence of something that I think will happen in the future?

I wrote on here about the housing crisis in 2005 before the crash. How could I provide evidence that it WOULD happen?

In the 80's I knew that the cages would kill fans in a football ground one day, how could I provide evidence of that? At the time it was long before the internet, and we can all watch the evidence now it's happened and we have lots of video footage to watch and criticise.

I also admit when I'm wrong. I've said on here that I predicted that Sony making games machines was ludicrous, and said that mobile phones wouldn't take off (though given today's world, I wish that I was right with that one! :hihi:)

Explain why you think it will collapse.

I have on numerous occasions in here, with you present. I even started a thread on it, that got zero responses.

-

I've also been criticised in here when I admit that I'd never voted until recently, particularly because I join in a lot of political debates in here. I didn't vote because I don't believe in any of them. This time, I'm going to vote because I think my vote is worth something, so long as people are 50/50 like you are at the moment. I'm voting on my own gut instinct based on my knowledge of (in particular) the governments and experience from year 2004+.

If that's not a good enough reason for my vote then what is yours? What you read in the papers?

-

I also wrote another long post in Oct 2015 which to the very word has occurred. However, even though I've copied it out, I won't post it until police investigations are over.

Absolutely right. New York, Zurich, Tokyo & Singapore are not in the EU last time I checked. It proves you don't have to be part of a trading bloc to trade with the rest of the world or other trading blocs or financial markets.

Once the London Stock Exchange merges with the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and the HQ of the merged company is based in Germany, London will still be the financial capital of Europe how exactly?

If we stay in why will it collapse?

It might collapse whether we stay in or not. What happens in the next 6-12 months will be very interesting. How will the eu handle the next inevitable wave of migrants from the Middle East? How the population of the eu react to it? Will they vote in more right wing leaders? Who will be in charge of France, Germany and the US by the end of next year?

Cameron jumped the gun hugely by having the referendum now. He'd have got a very different deal if he had put it off.

Once the London Stock Exchange merges with the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and the HQ of the merged company is based in Germany, London will still be the financial capital of Europe how exactly?

Fantasy. ..

---------- Post added 19-05-2016 at 23:36 ----------

Phew, fortunately another resident expert confirmed Sutty in his belief. I am now doubly convinced!

Good. Remember to vote out. A vote for economic prosperity.