EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

As soon as the UK votes to leave the EU, Nicola Sturgeon will use it as an excuse to call for another referendum and as first minister she will get it. Scotland will leave and the breakup of the UK will be in full motion.

If you didn't have reason to vote out before, now you do.

Have you not read the past couple of pages?

The countries in Europe who aren't in the EU but who want close trading relationships with the EU, exactly like the relationship that Brexit campaign talks up, have to accept similar EU immigration policies as those countries in the EU.

So leaving the EU probably wouldn't change anything in regards to the amount of immigrants who come here.

---------- Post added 20-05-2016 at 12:42 ----------

If you didn't have reason to vote out before, now you do.

That a vote to leave the EU would probably also be a vote to break up the UK?

Ask yourselves this:

• Why are banks in favour of staying in? (but Mervyn King the former governer of the bank of england with nothing to lose, says otherwise)
  • Why do Big Business (who use low paid workers) love the EU?
  • Why are neo liberal politicians (people like Obama getting involved?) desperate to stay in?

then look at the facts:

• Large scale youth unemployment across the EU states
  • An unelected council making decisions about us every day that we can't vetoe
  • Cameron failing to get ANY of the reforms promised
  • NO intention of reforming it's anti-democratic processes
  • the slowest growing economic bloc in the world
  • FAILED single currency
  • Net migration to the UK offically 340'000 or 800'000 per year (estimated) and growing
  • Turkey have applied, 80 million potential low paid workers joining the UK market. Serbia, Albania, Macedonia will join in our lifetimes.
  • The former head of Mi6 saying we would be safer from terrorism out of europe

:confused:

---------- Post added 20-05-2016 at 13:15 ----------

I'm not sure why you think people using our own intuition is a bad thing? My intuition is pretty good on the whole, so I'll trust it based on my knoweldge and experience. And what else is there on a personal level?

Evidence? Both sides just argue about the same things over and over providing figures to suit their argument. I have to decide one way or another.

My main reasons:

Look at the last 2 years of the Syrian crisis, do you think the EU has handled it well? I don't. I think it's an utter shambles. You'd think a powerful union with 20odd countries and leaders would know how to handle it. They can't because it's too big and no one can decide what to do.

I think that when the eastern block was allowed in, it was brilliant. For them.

I find that all the IN voters (especially from the left in here for example) still argue this 'EVERYONE IS EQUAL' mentality. And I don't think it is. Competition isn't equal when things like NMW is completely different, economies are completely different.

The IN campaign keep going on about worker's rights. Which ones? Which ones can't we do ourselves?

The one constantly mentioned on the campaign is Paternity pay... wow, a few weeks wages for someone in a once/twice in a lifetime event. Hardly every day life.

All the large companies seem to be in favour of IN. I watched that Ryan air bloke the other day, and he sealed the deal for me. OUT! :hihi:

In recent years, I've seen my job finished. I've seen my friends with skills lose their skilled wages. I speak to hundreds of people a week at work, and I see the same thing over and over.

I could go on (have before). But I've convinced myself, and that is all I need to vote.

Yes. Everything you said I have experienced myself and friends have too. Large scale migration drives down wages. It's supply and demand.

It's funny how people think the EU protects their rights....the EU didn't stop zero hour contracts did it? it's clear it's a race to the bottom not a leveling up at the top.

It's also hilarious how it was a TORY government that came in and proposed a living wage! I don't support that party or ideology but it just goes to show how mugged off workers had become under a pro-european Labour government.

Edited by Tomjames

Have you not read the past couple of pages?

The countries in Europe who aren't in the EU but who want close trading relationships with the EU, exactly like the relationship that Brexit campaign talks up, have to accept similar EU immigration policies as those countries in the EU.

So leaving the EU probably wouldn't change anything in regards to the amount of immigrants who come here.

kidley

We have more clout than most, do you think Germany would want to risk losing such business as this, This is just one thing.

About a fifth of all cars produced in Germany last year, or around 820,000 vehicles, were exported to the UK, making it the single biggest destination by volume.

We have more clout than most, do you think Germany would want to risk losing such business as this, This is just one thing.

About a fifth of all cars produced in Germany last year, or around 820,000 vehicles, were exported to the UK, making it the single biggest destination by volume.

Norway has lots of oil to export, but had to accept the conditions. To put it in perspective once more. The EU is the biggest economy in the world so it has the clout to get whatever deal it wants.

[

Norway has lots of oil to export, but had to accept the conditions. To put it in perspective once more. The EU is the biggest economy in the world so it has the clout to get whatever deal it wants.

Both want sell and the buyer as the most clout, the EU is already suffering high unemployment, when we leave they won't be able to offload all their unemployed onto us and they won't want even more unemployed by refusing to trade with us.

Both want sell and the buyer as the most clout, the EU is already suffering high unemployment, when we leave they won't be able to offload all their unemployed onto us and they won't want even more unemployed by refusing to trade with us.

Are you seriously suggesting that the UK has more clout over the OPEC countries than they do over us? So I'm saying that you are wrong, oil is a much need commodity that will always find a buyer.