EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Every country should have its own borders and be in control of its own house.

The ever increasing immigration in Europe will unsettle things in a few short years.

I never thought being white, Yorkshire born, English would mean I am politically incorrect in my own country.

We are building now on farmland. Lots of farmland. The increasing population means we will be unable to feed ourselves.

I have one message for my little grandchildren ... if things go on like this emigrate as soon you can.

If the vote is to remain, I will never vote in a House of Commons election again, We will be governed from Brussels.

My father, God rest him, was Sheffield born and bred, he said the English Channel was worth £1million a teaspoonful.

We voted years ago for a Common Market .... not a government.

No, this is the point retainers are missing....All those places are huge financial markets and trade outwardly with the rest of the world. Non of those places are in EU!

yes and we quite freely trade with these places now. however the general thrust of this segment is whether or not london will retain it's place as a major financial centre if we were outside the eu.

london as a financial centre has two big selling points -

a) it's full of crooks

b) it provides a gateway to the eu financial system

outside the eu that gateway will be pretty much closed. financial firms are very mobile and with to eu money restricted they will move to places where more money is floating about. london as a financial centre will decay into little more than a money launderers paradise.

The ever increasing immigration in Europe will unsettle things in a few short years.

I never thought being white, Yorkshire born, English would mean I am politically incorrect in my own country.

We are building now on farmland. Lots of farmland. The increasing population means we will be unable to feed ourselves.

I have one message for my little grandchildren ... if things go on like this emigrate as soon you can.

If the vote is to remain, I will never vote in a House of Commons election again, We will be governed from Brussels.

My father, God rest him, was Sheffield born and bred, he said the English Channel was worth £1million a teaspoonful.

What has the EU got to do with you being white, Yorkshire born and English?

Can't you detect the irony with you suggesting that your grandchildren become immigrants in another country because of immigrants coming to this country?

Unfortunately it won't change if we remain, it will only get worse with pressures on housing, jobs and social cohesion.

I hope many are seeing through the propaganda and seeing the future.

It's also hilarious how it was a TORY government that came in and proposed a living wage!

they didn't propose a living wage, it's just a slightly higher minumum wage and at the same time made the independent comission which set the minumum wage pointless and placed the setting of the floor in wages at the whim of a politician

We have more clout than most, do you think Germany would want to risk losing such business as this, This is just one thing.

About a fifth of all cars produced in Germany last year, or around 820,000 vehicles, were exported to the UK, making it the single biggest destination by volume.

Germany would never lose all of this business in the UK (the fabled "1%" will still be able to afford premium German wheels just fine, it's the middle class who'll likely have to learn to live without them, as company cars or under another form of tick :twisted:)

Whatever volume the big 3 may lose in the UK, can be readily sucked up by the rebounding US market and emergent large-scale markets like India and China (which these days counts a middle class of over 200m).

Do you really think the EU negotiation team would 'surrender' the condition of maintaining free movement of workers into the UK for the sake of selling a few more German cars? A bit more perspective, if you please.

Edited by L00b

yes and we quite freely trade with these places now. however the general thrust of this segment is whether or not london will retain it's place as a major financial centre if we were outside the eu.

london as a financial centre has two big selling points -

a) it's full of crooks

b) it provides a gateway to the eu financial system

outside the eu that gateway will be pretty much closed. financial firms are very mobile and with to eu money restricted they will move to places where more money is floating about. london as a financial centre will decay into little more than a money launderers paradise.

We could debate the pros and cons of London all day. I think the markets will take a hit initially and then carry on as normal & banks will still have central bases in the city regardless of whether we are in the EU or not.

Unfortunately it won't change if we remain, it will only get worse with pressures on housing, jobs and social cohesion.

I hope many are seeing through the propaganda and seeing the future.

So are you claiming that if we leave the EU, we can go back 30 years before globalisation changed everything?

We cannot go back in time to a world that doesn't exist anymore, what we should be doing is equipping our country the best we can, so it can face it's future challenges.

So are you claiming that if we leave the EU, we can go back 30 years before globalisation changed everything?

We cannot go back in time to a world that doesn't exist anymore, what we should be doing is equipping our country the best we can, so it can face it's future challenges.

Fine. But we can't reform Brussels. If we could I would be all for that.