EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

1 The European Council has no legislative power in and of itself, all it can do is propose laws. The European Parliament has legislative power.

2 I'd ask you to prove that, but you can't, so I'm going to give it that nonsensical claim all the attention it merits: none :D

The EU is a club of nations. What's the point of a club without rules? None.

And we sure do. 3 tons of it. You looked at the UK's tax legislation recently?

Nope, we've lost 56 out of 2592. And we won 2466 out of 2592 :P

we lost 72 out of 72 votes we opposed.

Like any club you should be able to cancel your membership when it doesnt benefit you anymore.

---------- Post added 20-05-2016 at 14:51 ----------

I wouldn't know, I'm not the one who claims that the EU hates the UK.

No youre the one claiming Brexiters hate foreigners. Not in the slightest. Get a visa, a job or come for a holiday, it's all good! and likewise UK nationals will have to do the same.

:confused:

Edited by Tomjames
.....fjf

We always lose when we try and vote against the popular vote....so much for democracy.
That's just quality! :hihi:

we lost 72 out of 72 votes we opposed.
Ah, so your problem is with the 2% of votes we lost, as opposed to the 95% votes we won? So, with the fact that the UK doesn't have a 100% voting success rate at the EU?

I see :hihi:

Like any club you should be able to cancel your membership when it doesnt benefit you anymore.
Where is the Brexiter's case to support the claim that the EU "doesn't benefit the UK anymore"? :huh:

another thing to look forward to,77 million turks (mostly muslims) ready to rome the eu freely.

Do i want this, i will shout as loud as i can NO.

There's a bit of a difference between a Schengen zone tourist visa and a 'free pass'.

For starters, the UK can perfectly well refuse entry to anyone of these 77m visiting Turks, since they are not EU nationals and the UK is not in Schengen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as miffed as the next European about Brussels' negotiation with that odious little ottoman emperor, Erdogan. But I prefer informed debate rather than fearful rants, if you don't mind.

Edited by L00b

We are always on the side of the minority due to how the votes are constructed.

---------- Post added 20-05-2016 at 14:41 ----------

We always lose when we try and vote against the popular vote....so much for democracy.

Edited by Guest

Are you seriously suggesting that the UK has more clout over the OPEC countries than they do over us? So I'm saying that you are wrong, oil is a much need commodity that will always find a buyer.

Most of our oil imports come from Norway, we have a trade surplus with Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates mean we sell more to them than we buy from them.

That's just quality! :hihi:

Ah, so your problem is with the 2% of votes we lost, as opposed to the 95% votes we won? So, with the fact that the UK doesn't have a 100% voting success rate at the EU?

I see :hihi:

Where is the Brexiter's case to support the claim that the EU "doesn't benefit the UK anymore"? :huh:

There's a bit of a difference between a Schengen zone tourist visa and a 'free pass'.

For starters, the UK can perfectly well refuse entry to anyone of these 77m visiting Turks, since they are not EU nationals and the UK is not in Schengen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as miffed as the next European about Brussels' negotiation with that odious little ottoman emperor, Erdogan. But I prefer informed debate rather than fearful rants, if you don't mind.

Don't you think Turkey will ever become a full member Loob?

havent we lost 72 votes out of 72?

Votes on what? What is the period of these votes?

The UK has been on the losing end of an EU council vote 13% of the time in the years between 2009 and 2015. This is the highest amongst the member states but it's nowhere near the 100% figure you are referring to.

We do have to take into account that Cameron realigned the UK Conservative party MEP's within the EU to a euro sceptic group, which in turn means we will be outvoted on more occasions than if we were in a very pro-eu voting block.