EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

yes and we quite freely trade with these places now. however the general thrust of this segment is whether or not london will retain it's place as a major financial centre if we were outside the eu.

london as a financial centre has two big selling points -

a) it's full of crooks

b) it provides a gateway to the eu financial system

outside the eu that gateway will be pretty much closed. financial firms are very mobile and with to eu money restricted they will move to places where more money is floating about. london as a financial centre will decay into little more than a money launderers paradise.

If that's the case then we can do without them.

Correct. Qualified majority voting screws us over all the time.

This great historic country with so much going for it and brings so much to the table is repeatedly slapped down and outvoted by the gang of small little ****-ant countries who feel their citizens are entitled to access our benefit, housing system, the NHS and schools, and how dare we object!!!.

I'm voting out.

We "agree" to a lot....but we have to fight tooth & nail to get any sort of benefits to a lot of those agreeements.

And when we oppose we always lose!

That's just quality! :hihi:

Ah, so your problem is with the 2% of votes we lost, as opposed to the 95% votes we won? So, with the fact that the UK doesn't have a 100% voting success rate at the EU?

I see :hihi:

Where is the Brexiter's case to support the claim that the EU "doesn't benefit the UK anymore"? :huh:

There's a bit of a difference between a Schengen zone tourist visa and a 'free pass'.

For starters, the UK can perfectly well refuse entry to anyone of these 77m visiting Turks, since they are not EU nationals and the UK is not in Schengen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as miffed as the next European about Brussels' negotiation with that odious little ottoman emperor, Erdogan. But I prefer informed debate rather than fearful rants, if you don't mind.

My Bold

C & P

Yet at today’s EU-Turkey summit in Brussels, the EU is set to throw its doors open even wider, from this summer offering visa-free travel to 77 million Turks, 98 per cent of whom are Muslim. They will be able to travel freely across the Continent within the border-free zone of the 26-country Schengen area. The UK is not part of Schengen, but with a Turkish diaspora of 400,000 already in this country, the threat of a further surge in illegal immigration to the UK seems clear enough.

http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/cerberus-does-david-cameron-really-think-visa-free-eu-travel-for-nearly-80-million-turks-makes-britain-safer/

Votes on what? What is the period of these votes?

The UK has been on the losing end of an EU council vote 13% of the time in the years between 2009 and 2015. This is the highest amongst the member states but it's nowhere near the 100% figure you are referring to.

We do have to take into account that Cameron realigned the UK Conservative party MEP's within the EU to a euro sceptic group, which in turn means we will be outvoted on more occasions than if we were in a very pro-eu voting block.

We lose on the things IMPORTANT to us. There's votes all the time in EU, most are triffling.

No youre the one claiming Brexiters hate foreigners. Not in the slightest. Get a visa, a job or come for a holiday, it's all good! and likewise UK nationals will have to do the same.

:confused:

Spot on. Why should we have laws voted on by insignificant little countries like Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. Just because they are used to having the Germans telling THEM what to do when they go visiting.

There you go.

Correct. Qualified majority voting screws us over all the time.

This great historic country with so much going for it and brings so much to the table is repeatedly slapped down and outvoted by the gang of small little ****-ant countries who feel their citizens are entitled to access our benefit, housing system, the NHS and schools, and how dare we object!!!.

I'm voting out.

Europe hates us but likes our benefits and our net contribution. "Please dont go or the EU will disintegrate!" they cry.

Let it burn I say!:)

---------- Post added 20-05-2016 at 15:16 ----------

There you go.

He has a point. Belgium is weird.

There you go.

Yep. Just like the labour MP yesterday, anybody who wants to keep the UKs independence is a racist. There used to be somebody on here who argued to stay in the EU who had an image of someone who resembled CHE as their avatar, someone who dedicated their life to ensuring South American countries were free of outside influences, but was presumably quite happy for the UK to have its laws made in Europe. Then we've got the SNP, a party which was formed to achieve independence for Scotland, campaigning to stay in.

My Bold

C & P

Yet at today’s EU-Turkey summit in Brussels, the EU is set to throw its doors open even wider, from this summer offering visa-free travel to 77 million Turks, 98 per cent of whom are Muslim. They will be able to travel freely across the Continent within the border-free zone of the 26-country Schengen area. The UK is not part of Schengen, but with a Turkish diaspora of 400,000 already in this country, the threat of a further surge in illegal immigration to the UK seems clear enough.

http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/cerberus-does-david-cameron-really-think-visa-free-eu-travel-for-nearly-80-million-turks-makes-britain-safer/

Why would that threat not be down to the UK borders not being patrolled properly?

What has a labour MP got to do with this?

Who was this person who had an avatar of Che, and how is he relevant to the debate on the EU?

I think he's saying its OK for them to be pro-nationalist and put the needs of their country first but if he does it then it's racist.