EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Europe hates us but likes our benefits and our net contribution. "Please dont go or the EU will disintegrate!" they cry.

Let it burn I say!:)

---------- Post added 20-05-2016 at 15:16 ----------

He has a point. Belgium is weird.

Looks like I accidently logged into the Daily Mail.

Europe hates us but likes our benefits and our net contribution. "Please dont go or the EU will disintegrate!" they cry.

Let it burn I say!:)

---------- Post added 20-05-2016 at 15:16 ----------

He has a point. Belgium is weird.

You can't help yourself can you! What was I saying about Brexit supporters and their dislike of foreigners?

Don't you think Turkey will ever become a full member Loob?
Not for decades.

Where is the Brexiter's case to support the claim that the EU "doesn't benefit the UK anymore"? :huh:
Being part of the EU is like losing £2 and finding a pound
The strength of your case nearly swayed me! :hihi:

My Bold

C & P

Yet at today’s EU-Turkey summit in Brussels, the EU is set to throw its doors open even wider, from this summer offering visa-free travel to 77 million Turks, 98 per cent of whom are Muslim. They will be able to travel freely across the Continent within the border-free zone of the 26-country Schengen area. The UK is not part of Schengen, but with a Turkish diaspora of 400,000 already in this country, the threat of a further surge in illegal immigration to the UK seems clear enough.

Since, after a Brexit, there will not be any UK Customs checks in France or Belgium prior to boarding the Chunnel and ferries, then re. the bit in bold indeed, I refer you to my relatively recent exchanges with another poster in this thread (IIRC), about the very strong likelihood of Calais-like camps of illegals moving to the UK after a Brexit (alternatively, the additional burden on the UK taxpayers of UK-based detention/holding camps, possibly up labourite North rather than down in the blue South, à la Sheffield City of Sanctuary).

Cameron just proved you wrong, a vote to stay isn't a vote for reform.
I suggest you check Juncker's interview in today's Le Monde. Implementing Cameron's deal is the first thing the EU would do after a Remain vote. Edited by L00b

I think he's saying its OK for them to be pro-nationalist and put the needs of their country first but if he does it then it's racist.

What would he believe himself to be racist? My stance on the EU is based on what I believe is the best thing for the country. Do you think that makes me racist?

You can't help yourself can you! What was I saying about Brexit supporters and their dislike of foreigners?

I don't dislike foreigners. You are just being incendary for the sake of avoiding the issues.

I think you lost on the issues.

Ask yourselves this:

• Why are banks in favour of staying in? (but Mervyn King the former governer of the bank of england with nothing to lose, says otherwise)
  • Why do Big Business (who use low paid workers) love the EU?
  • Why are neo liberal politicians (people like Obama getting involved?) desperate to stay in?

You also missed off:

23 Cabinet Members (7 want out)

163 Conservative MPs inc 23 above (130)

215 Labour MPs (7)

54 SNP MPs (0)

12 Other MPs (8 - all DUP)

Meaning that of 596 MPs who expressed a view (those people who we democratically elect although some would argue FPTP is not that democratic - different argument) 444 (74.5%) want to remain and 152 (25.5%) want to leave.

You would think that a few more would want all these new found powers we would have if we were to leave wouldn't you?

The problem is with a lot of the Brexit campaign is when people come out in support of staying in they always have an ulterior motive (so obviously for these 75% the argument will be that you cannot trust an MP, even though we vote them in there!!)

What would he believe himself to be racist? My stance on the EU is based on what I believe is the best thing for the country. Do you think that makes me racist?

No, you are the one calling people xenophobes.

how about we stack the countries I've visited and lived in against yours see who is more cosmopolitan? :hihi: