EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

The most pressing issue with immigration is that foreign EU nationals are job blocking positions that unemployed UK nationals should be filling.

Jukes x

maybe a more pressing question is why employers are employing foreign eu nationals in preference to unemployed uk nationals

maybe a more pressing question is why employers are employing foreign eu nationals in preference to unemployed uk nationals

They do it because we are in the EU and they can.

Jukes x

The most pressing issue with immigration is that foreign EU nationals are job blocking positions that unemployed UK nationals should be filling.

Jukes x

Are they? Unemployment in the UK is incredibly low, show me which vacancies have been blocked?

You prove my point,

Some immigration is good for the economy, good for the immigrants, good for some members of the population but not always good for everyone.

Some immigration is bad for the economy with the only beneficiaries being the immigrants.

With a sensible immigration policy the positive would out way the negative by cutting the number in the second group.

I didn't 'prove' your point at all,I dismissed it as nonsense, the U.K. Benefits from migration, you tell me how the UK will be better off out of the single market?

Because the British know their rights so won't put up with this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-35604776

The Sports Direct agency workers, largely employed in the company's warehouse, come mainly countries such as Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania and Albania.

Sports Direct branded a 'sweatshop' with working conditions compared to Victorian era and bosses are accused of punishing employees if they talk.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/sports-direct-investigation-reveals-harsh-working-conditions

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 20:20 ----------

Are they? Unemployment in the UK is incredibly low, show me which vacancies have been blocked?

I didn't 'prove' your point at all,I dismissed it as nonsense, the U.K. Benefits from migration, you tell me how the UK will be better off out of the single market?

You prove my point even more, you are simply incapable of distinguishing between the good and bad side of immigration.

Some immigration is good for the economy, good for the immigrants, good for some members of the population but not always good for everyone.

Some immigration is bad for the economy with the only beneficiaries being the immigrants.

With a sensible immigration policy the positive would out way the negative by cutting the number in the second group.

Edited by sutty27

If you want to know why jobs are being blocked you only need to visit Worksop or Boston where you will see towns transformed by eastern European workers who have minimum wage jobs which should be filled by unemployed UK nationals.

Jukes x

If you want to know why jobs are being blocked you only need to visit Worksop or Boston where you will see towns transformed by eastern European workers who have minimum wage jobs which should be filled by unemployed UK nationals.

Jukes x

Nothing stopping UK nationals taking the jobs.

That is a very naive thing to say because there are many things stopping UK nationals taking the jobs, mainly that they aren't being offered them but even if they are it isn't sensible to have unemployed UK nationals and migrants employed in the jobs they should be taking.

Jukes x

Jukes x

Are these the same jobs that nobody in the UK wanted? I worked agricultural jobs in the Netherlands where they offered huge bonuses to local unemployed benefit folks and that still didn't attract enough workers. Spending 12 hours on your knees each day is tough.

Fortunately most foreign workers in the UK have well paid positions though, jobs that make it worth the effort of moving to another country.

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 20:41 ----------

Because the British know their rights so won't put up with this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-35604776

The Sports Direct agency workers, largely employed in the company's warehouse, come mainly countries such as Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania and Albania.

Sports Direct branded a 'sweatshop' with working conditions compared to Victorian era and bosses are accused of punishing employees if they talk.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/sports-direct-investigation-reveals-harsh-working-conditions

---------- Post added 21-05-2016 at 20:20 ----------

You prove my point even more, you are simply incapable of distinguishing between the good and bad side of immigration.

Your 'sensible' immigration policy includes leaving the biggest single market in the world. Care to explain how that is sensible?

That is a very naive thing to say because there are many things stopping UK nationals taking the jobs, mainly that they aren't being offered them but even if they are it isn't sensible to have unemployed UK nationals and employed migrants in the jobs they should be taking.

Jukes x

Nothing stopping UK nationals taking the jobs,have a word with the business owners if you think there's some sort of conspiracy against them.Migrants are not at fault for the policy of business owners.