EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Wages won't go up. Wages are driven down by people willing to work for less entering the country.

indeed, so if you stop people entering the country wages will go up, prices will go up etc etc

also, a fair number of these people do jobs which the natives are either too idle to do or think are beneath them

most of the hand carwashes i encounter seem to be populated by immigrants, we never saw them before the eastern europeans arrived so they haven't taken any native jobs but created jobs and enhanced the local economy

If the UK so desperately wants to be "european" young people should grow up being bi lingual. Then we can move to other countries to work. German or French or even Spanish.

At the moment we've got non of the benefits and all of the burden of being European.

If the UK so desperately wants to be "european" young people should grow up being bi lingual. Then we can move to other countries to work. German or French or even Spanish.

At the moment we've got non of the benefits and all of the burden of being European.

there are many uk citizens who live and work in the eu

indeed, so if you stop people entering the country wages will go up, prices will go up etc etc

also, a fair number of these people do jobs which the natives are either too idle to do or think are beneath them

most of the hand carwashes i encounter seem to be populated by immigrants, we never saw them before the eastern europeans arrived so they haven't taken any native jobs but created jobs and enhanced the local economy

Wages going up is a good thing. Tell UK workers on a building site in the south east EU expansion is a good thing for wages, they will laugh at you.

The problem regarding understanding is clearly yours. I'm not misrepresenting them, I'm just repeating them.
Of course you're misrepresenting them That's why you keep ignoring the fact I put the word 'some' in my posts.

I know who it was aimed at, just pointing out the Bexist voters aren't going to be swayed at the thought of houses prices falling. The only people likely to be swayed are the people it wasn't aimed at, young people that want an affordable house.

And yet young people are still overwhelmingly in favour of remaining.

there are many uk citizens who live and work in the eu

But we don't grow up bi lingual like the scandanavians. And you need German to work in Germany really.

There maybe opportunities in English or in English speaking companies but not wide spread.

the one I go to is owned by a friend of mine and all his employees are claiming in work benefits. he couldn't be able to operate paying his 10 employees minimum wage and that suits him and his employees:D not enhanced the local economy much do you think?

Wages going up is a good thing. Tell UK workers on a building site in the south east EU expansion is a good thing for wages, they will laugh at you.

wages going up may be a good thing but what comes with it are higher prices since the extra wages have to be funded. higher prices brings with it higher inflation.

higher inflation will bring higher interest rates which will cause big problems for those with large mortgage and non-mortgage related debts.

this is nothing to do with the eu but is a direct result of the policies followed by successive governments over the last 30 odd years.

in or out of the eu, these governments would have followed these policies and they would have opened up immigration to bring in the workers to keep wages low and the whole hamster wheel turning

i think everyone knows this is unsustainable but quite how we unpick the mess no one seems to know, however disrupting the trading links with our nearest trading partners who also happen to form the largest trading bloc in the world is not the way to do it

---------- Post added 22-05-2016 at 10:55 ----------

But we don't grow up bi lingual like the scandanavians. And you need German to work in Germany really.

There maybe opportunities in English or in English speaking companies but not wide spread.

discussing the failure of the education system is a whole thread in itself

the one I go to is owned by a friend of mine and all his employees are claiming in work benefits. he couldn't be able to operate paying his 10 employees minimum wage and that suits him and his employees:D not enhanced the local economy much do you think?

Whether or not his employees are claiming in work benefits he should still be paying them the minimum wage. As his friend you should point out the penalties he may incur should he be found to be breaking the law.

Of course you're misrepresenting them That's why you keep ignoring the fact I put the word 'some' in my posts.

And yet young people are still overwhelmingly in favour of remaining.

I haven't ignored the fact you but some in your posts, you incorrectly thought I was talking about all old people regardless of how they will vote, even though I specificity said old brexit voters.

Yes its bizarre isn't it, the very people most likely to benefit the most from brexit are the people mostly likely to vote to stay in, turkeys voting for Christmas comes to mind.