EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Not following the TV news due to holiday, but did any British media outlet even mention the fact that all G7 finance ministers warned the UK should stay in for the sake of theglobal economy?

I realise the leave camp here will just see it as yet another 'scaremonger', but it is becoming quite ubiquitous, this message of the UK economy suffering if Brexit happens.

WOW, one minute we are little old insignificant Britain with no clout in the world, the next if we leave the EU club the world economy will crash, both claims are clearly nonsense.

Isn't it a bit early to start with the conspiracy theories as to why people voted to remain - the referendum is over a month away after all. At the very least it won't encourage undecided voters to vote leave if even people really keen on the idea don't think they'll win.

It's a fact not a conspiracy theory. :confused:

Think about this. If it was a fair and unbiased question why are the conservatives putting so much money and media spin towards it?

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 07:40 ----------

We've discussed Pagehall a million times on here, but let me be clear, Pagehall is the exception, not the rule. It was already a dump before the Roma came, something that gets overlooked continuously.

People referring to Pagehall are being disingenuous.

The question for those voting leave due to immigration is though, do you think things will chage? Because there is no ground to do so.

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 07:54 ----------

Not following the TV news due to holiday, but did any British media outlet even mention the fact that all G7 finance ministers warned the UK should stay in for the sake of theglobal economy?

I realise the leave camp here will just see it as yet another 'scaremonger', but it is becoming quite ubiquitous, this message of the UK economy suffering if Brexit happens.

Your cosy well heeled road is the exception, page hall is the reality IMHO.

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 07:42 ----------

Why are people so keen to end this nation?

I keep asking that question. There's no future in the EU. Not for this country. If we were Germany I might vote differently. :confused:

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 07:45 ----------

its obviously a yes vote as the tory boys are scaring everyone to death but try this the torys signed up for bank bail ins at the g20 summit look it up it came into effect january this year

The banks are in cahoots. They are putting pressure on the torys. If we are stay in who has the most to gain? The banks who bail out at extortionate interest rates!

If more are voting out than in on here, I take that as very good news

Sheffield has always been an insular place, suspicious of outsiders, stubborn and wanting to go its own way alone. Maybe begrudgingly welcoming people for a visit, but not to stay, so I think the poll is more a reflection of the local people!

Sheffield has always been an insular place, suspicious of outsiders, stubborn and wanting to go its own way alone. Maybe begrudgingly welcoming people for a visit, but not to stay, so I think the poll is more a reflection of the local people!

I would say that given this site is overrun with very vocal keyboard corbynites, it is surprising how many want out. As for sheffielders attitudes, its as varied as our weather. Plus north Sheffield might as well be another city compared to central or south Sheffield. Imo.

We've discussed Pagehall a million times on here, but let me be clear, Pagehall is the exception, not the rule. It was already a dump before the Roma came, something that gets overlooked continuously.

People referring to Pagehall are being disingenuous.

bold: No it doesn't, and your statement isn't strictly true.

I lived there around 2000, and I never had any problems there. It was mainly Asian (Pakistani) area then.

I haven't been here for quite some time. But reading all the scaremongering on the BBC news website, I thought I'd check in to see what my country fellows are thinking.

It seems the majority of us in the real world are considering voting out. As my better half pointed out those in the public sector haven't got a clue what life is like outside their bubble. In her office the mood is definitely one of voting out, where I work (engineering) not one person is admitting they'll vote to stay.

I seriously doubt we will leave, but a high percentage of "No" votes would certainly send out a warning shot.

I agree that the massive influx of migrant workers has kept wages to an absolute minimum. Those with good jobs couldn't give a toss, so why should we consider their plight if we were to exit.

Edited by mrcharlie