EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

And what would the EU have to do to access the UK market?

Easy. They just have to keep making BMWs and Porsches. The UK market will make sure it can still buy them, and so will bend over backwards to be able to, even if that means an unbalanced trade agreement.

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 18:38 ----------

What young people think about the referendum...In the poll of polls 72% of 18-24 year old said they would vote remain.

But how many of the country's 18 - 24 year olds will actually vote, in comparison to older people?

Sadly young people can't remember what Great Britain was actually like, however, for me one over riding fact, agreed even by the remain camp, is that the EU is not and never will be democratic. Young men have fought and died in the past that we may retain democracy, I for one won't give it up without a fight.

You are presuming of course that the EU stays in one piece after a Brexit, highly unlikely the way things are going.
Already replied to that not long ago. There will always be an EU with the core 6 or 7 regardless, and it will still dwarf the UK economically.

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 19:12 ----------

no I just said getting a good brief who knows what they doing, and now your waffling on pity you not getting paid for this init :hihi:
I'm addressing your non-sequitur. If you have nothing better to contrbute to the debate, perhaps consider engaging brain before fingers? :hihi:

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 19:15 ----------

Give over; Britain's dynamic economy, the City of London, the armed forces, creative industry, the Scotish and York rites of Freemasonry, etc, are the proverbial house, Porsche, yacht and kids. ;)

Britain's got all that now after 40 years of EU membership, all better than ever, so I'm not really sure how Remain is imperiling them :huh: Perhaps you can explain?

The City will definitely lose a ton of business if the UK Brexits, and I've lost track of how often I've explained how and why. I'd be happy to consider a counter-argument, but I'm still waiting 100-odd pages on, and the VoteLeave website and leaflet are both silent about plans to maintain the City' financial passporting rights, so, erm...

Look, I can perfectly understand that people don't like the bad financial/economic news, but putting the head in the sand about it and shouting fearmongering isn't going to make it not happen. What I expect from the Brexit side is to accept it and plan for it rationally. So come on, make your case, convince the doubters. How is the UK going to reestablish financial dominance? How is the government going to finance services and service the deficits until then? Tax hikes? Capital controls? More QE? Interest rate hikes? What?

Edited by L00b

The Netherlands are now in the queue to leave. They're asking for a referendum over Nexit.

Are they now? Interesting, not heard a thing about that... I did hear that a recent poll showed unequivocal support for the EU inthe Netherlands, with those wanting to leave below 30% and those who felt Brexit was damaging to how they regarded the UK being over 60%.

There might well be a bunch of Geert Wilders nationalists harping up about wanting a referendum,but as they haven't managed to win a majority, ever,it doesn't mean anything, it is similar to Ukip shouting from the sidelines.

In the meantime Austria voted in the pro-EU party. It was a struggle, but they did despite having millions of refugees cross their lands to get to Germany. That is a few more than we ar talking about here.

Is there anyone else out there starting to turn away from the governments strategy for staying in the EU.

The ploy seems to be if we leave jobs will go, trading will cease, we will not be able to travel around Europe, property prices will fall and bananas will go back to being bent.

It appears that they have emailed every government department telling them to put out a news story that has a negative spin on leaving the EU.

When at the end of the day no one knows for sure what will happen if we leave.

It is so obvious that it is actually making me think about voting to leave the EU.