EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

So here is my overall prediction for the referendum result;

Overall result - Remain by 10+%

Regional breakdown;

Scotland - Remain

Northern Ireland - Remain

Wales - Remain

England breakdown;

South West - Remain

North West - Remain

Yorkshire & the Humber - Leave

North East - Leave

South East - Leave

East of England - Really have no idea

London - Remain

West Midlands - Remain

East Midlands - Leave

Let's see how close I will be.

I would disagree with a couple of these. The South West, Midlands & Wales all look like they would vote leave. Many Welsh areas are very stongly anti EU & feature in the top 10 most eurosceptic areas. The West & East Midlands are the most eurosceptic areas

It is likely Scotland, London, North West vote remain with Northern Ireland pretty closely split

The truth of the saying about travel broadening the mind is summed up by the narrow-mindedness of those opposing free movement of people.

I am probably correct in saying that you have not chosen to live in downtown Karachi, Damascus, Pyongyang, Nairobi or Calcutta, so you could tell us your reasons for not doing that.

Jukes x

I am probably correct in saying that you have not chosen to live in downtown Karachi, Damascus, Pyongyang, Nairobi or Calcutta, so you could tell us your reasons for not doing that.
I am probably correct in saying that none of these cities are located in EU countries, nor in countries that subscribe to free movement of people with their neighbours.

Perhaps the development of socio-cultural values in Pakistan, Syria, North Korea and India would benefit from doing just that indeed ;)

But the EU is responsible for pushing housing and the NHS to breaking point by allowing free movement of people .

No,the EU does not tell UK business to not train UK nationals but directly employ immigrants instead.

The EU does not tell UK business to employ immigrants over and above UK unemployed.

The needs and desires of UK business are the drivers of immigration of many immigrant workers,therefore,it is UK business that is undermining UK infrastructure by their policies regarding EU legislation.

The truth of the saying about travel broadening the mind is summed up by the narrow-mindedness of those opposing free movement of people.

Ending the free movement of people throughout the EU wouldn't stop people travelling, so the point you think you made is moot.

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 09:02 ----------

No,the EU does not tell UK business to not train UK nationals but directly employ immigrants instead.

The EU does not tell UK business to employ immigrants over and above UK unemployed.

The needs and desires of UK business are the drivers of immigration of many immigrant workers,therefore,it is UK business that is undermining UK infrastructure by their policies regarding EU legislation.

No but it makes it more profitable for them, support for the EU is support big business and their profits at the expense of the low paid.

If you support the EU don't whinge about corporate profits, low wages, high house prices.

Edited by sutty27

I am probably correct in saying that none of these cities are located in EU countries, nor in countries that subscribe to free movement of people with their neighbours.

Perhaps the development of socio-cultural values in Pakistan, Syria, North Korea and India would benefit from doing just that indeed ;)

I am certain that each of those countries will welcome LeMarquis if she wanted to go there but you would be asking her some serious questions about her mental faculties if she wanted to stay to work there but you wouldn't be asking her the same questions if she were a Pakistani, Indian, Syrian or North Korean moving to the UK because you would probably know why she wanted to move to the UK.

Jukes x