EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

They don't have power so can't have a plan, what life is like after Brexit will be down to our elected government. I don't really listen to either side because there is nothing either side can say or do that will change the way I will vote.

They don't have power so can't have a plan??? That is pathetic. Never heard of a manifesto huh?!

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 15:51 ----------

I get the feeling some would vote for Kim Jong-un rather the risk uncertainty.

You can't vote for a dictator.

I don't want to sound like a nob, but if you're not listening to either side and won't change your vote, instead of writing absolute garbage why don't you leave the thread and let the undecided make up their minds!

Edited by Shef1985

Weird, in my book the EU has seen an enormous amount of change over the past fifty-plus years, far more than the UK with its antiquated form of reactionary politics. So why can't the EU be changed in your opinion? Or did you mean to say: our government doesn't always get what it wants without negotiation and that isn't fair boohoohoo!

The change is in one direction though and that direction isn't going to change.

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 16:18 ----------

They don't have power so can't have a plan??? That is pathetic. Never heard of a manifesto huh?!

The out campaign isn't a political party so won't be up for election so no need for a manifesto.

You can't vote for a dictator.

I don't want to sound like a nob, but if you're not listening to either side and won't change your vote, instead of writing absolute garbage why don't you leave the thread and let the undecided make up their minds!

You are right and that is why I am voting to leave the EU, voting to stay is the same as voting to stay under the rule of a dictator.

You can surely make up your mind without talking about it on SF.

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 16:19 ----------

Well, thank you for being candid about it.

So this truly sums it up quite aptly :hihi:

That's sums it up which ever the way the vote goes.

Uncertainty is great, it creates opportunities, but uncertainty about your life prospects bnecause you decide to light a cigarette in a room that smells of gas is not quite the chance you need.

An amusing analogy. We'll perhaps have to a agree to disagree on how apt it is.

When the referendum was called the voting population of the UK was divided into four groups as beow. The result of the referendum depends on just 3 points relating to these groups. The groups are

1. Brexit supporters.

2. Remain supporters.

3. Undecided voters.

4. Non voters.

Lets deal with group 4 first. These people will not vote due to various reasons such as apathy, no interest etc and nobody will change that outlook.

Groups 1 and 2 will have core voters that no matter what facts, figures, scare stories or propaganda thrown at them by the other side, they will not change their mind. However each group will have a number that can be persuaded to change their mind.

Group 3 are the battleground that each group can get votes from.

Now as I mentioned at the start the following are what will decide the outcome, obviously subject to the govt not being underhand in the count ( there covered the conspiracy theory ) :-

1. How big are groups 1 to 3 in numbers.

2. What percentage of each group can be swayed by the opposite camp.

3. Voter turnout.

Now this is purely my own view. I am a brexiter and I have listened to the remains side how something may/could/might/possibly happen. All of the arguments are basically fiscal. Well the reason I am voting out is worth more to me than money, it is so precious to me that I am willing to take any or all of the fiscal matters that may/might/could/possibly happen.

I believe that the brexit group are bigger than the 50/50 the alleged polls suggest. I know of only one person that I have asked in the last weeks that is voting remain, I have asked family/friends/workmates. I have asked people on the bus, in the shops, everywhere. I realise there are a few others in Sheffield because of what I have read on this thread.

I can only think that there must be regional variations, I also know of no-one who has or knows anyone that has been involved in a survey of any description. Do these people register to be surveyed or what.

Every poll on the regional newspaper websites, I have found 17, except 3 in Scotland all shows exit winning, some by 4 to 1.

I have read this thread and each side quotes various links which are usually provided by their respective groups. There is no independent evidence that I can find that is not provided by the govt or EU so I am going with my initial instinct. Even the BBC is biased, no longer reporting on the migrants ( 8000 saved by Italy in last two days allegedly ).

The deciding factors will be voter turnout and from which groups. I think the brexit are more passionate in their intention to vote so as put on earlier by LOOB, fingers crossed.:):)

As I say just my own view on things.

It's perfectly obvious that free trade has prevented wars. You only have to read a little history. It is, I will admit, hard to nail down exactly how things would have come out without the push for free trade.

Are you in favour of leaving the EU, since the EU is a protectionist trading block.

The thing which disturbs be is that the In campaign is an unholy alliance between groups which think that further integration is easily avoided and shouldn't be worried about, and groups which think that further integration will be very hard to avoid and is a good thing.

So will the EU compel us to become part of their federation, or will it be up to us to choose? Depends on who you ask.

The Out campaign might not agree on what UK government policy on various things, including trade with the EU, should be post-Brexit; but they are at least united in who will be making UK law on such matters.

You're forgetting our opt-out on ever closer integration. Obviously you have issues with that and I understand why and respect that.

But for a lot of people that will be enough I reckon. Future referendums are not off the cards. Far from it. If we have made a mistake by staying in then we will almost certainly get another chance.

I have to admit that I've no idea how I'll vote, what I will say is that the ones who want us to stay have said nothing positive about staying, but have said plenty of negatives if we leave. Meanwhile the leavers have not really said anything to grab my attention.

Agree with you wholeheartedly Bypassblade. Cameron only cites really bad things that could/might/may/possible happen. He says stay in a reformed EU. What reforms, nothing ratified only promised and even these such as the emergency brake are over and done with by 2024 if activated in 2017. So in 2024 as far as benefits that is finished, and those already here will not even be affected.

Cameron never says stay and then lists all the good things that affect you and me. Roaming mobile charges, I do not take my phone so that is nothing for me. Iam holidaying in the USA anyway, this year it is £150 cheaper than two weeks in Italy that I had last year.. Expensive air flights and at the same time Ryanair announce they are cutting air fares. Free medical care, well I always have travel insurance anyway, you are a fool if you do not as it is so cheap.

None of my kids will ever work in the EU or go to uni there.So for you and me where are the benefits.