EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I used Cern because it is something people recognise, but you are right. The issue is that when I refer to FP7 projects most people glaze over and stare in the wilderness, you are aware of it though and you know it is a very significant fund for large scale research, I can mention all sorts of projects that won't mean a lot to folks but have real life practical impact.

I understand, but it is very misleading to suggest that these things would no occur without the EU. As the CERN case clearly demonstrates.

Taxpayers' money from all over Europe pours into the EU and then some of it pours back out with the worlds "EU money" stamped on it. CERN is a perfect example that European governments don't need the EU's help to work collaboratively.

I understand, but it is very misleading to suggest that these things would no occur without the EU. As the CERN case clearly demonstrates.

Taxpayers' money from all over Europe pours into the EU and then some of it pours back out with the worlds "EU money" stamped on it. CERN is a perfect example that European governments don't need the EU's help to work collaboratively.

The Council of Europe is another example, organised very differently obviously but nonetheless a pan-European institution that doesn't need the EU in order to exist.

That's an interesting link you put on high greener. Funny that there has been no mention of it on the bbc news, wonder why ( or I could have missed it ). Even more determined to vote out if they can punish democratically elected govts just because junker does not like them.

I agree that we should work together with other EU countries, but would we have improved some things without the EU?

For water quality, I don't think so. Too many privatised utilities owned by pals of the government I reckon.

Blackpool finally has safe bathing water for the first time in decades, due to massive spending by United Utilities. Considering they don't get any money from people playing in the sea, I find it hard to believe they'd have willingly spent that money out of the goodness of their hearts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/11977994/Efforts-to-clean-up-donkey-droppings-and-pigeon-poo-help-British-beaches-avoid-EU-blacklist.html

For years Britain was known as the "dirty man of Europe". Our fellow Europeans would laugh at how filthy we were, how we didn't recycle and just buried our waste in landfill.

From ONS net migration now running at 330000, second highest level ever. ONS predict rise of population of 4 million within next few years. May just have swayed a few more to vote out.

I have to admit that I've no idea how I'll vote, what I will say is that the ones who want us to stay have said nothing positive about staying, but have said plenty of negatives if we leave. Meanwhile the leavers have not really said anything to grab my attention.

You are correct about the remain lobby having nothing positive to say about remaining but the leavers have spoke about mass immigration. Not that they are saying anything I disagree with. I thought it was a brilliant thing joining the EU and I voted for it wholeheartedly in the 70s, but now it's got too big and it doesn't know where to stop and if it goes on our island will be drowned under the weight of open borders causing the breakdown of the NHS and the education system with it.

Edited by spilldig

From ONS net migration now running at 330000, second highest level ever. ONS predict rise of population of 4 million within next few years. May just have swayed a few more to vote out.

Not likely. The IN brigade will just use lines like that the NHS would collapse without immigration, and that they bring more than they take out - like they do every week on QT. Why stop at 4 million eh?

Not likely. The IN brigade will just use lines like that the NHS would collapse without immigration, and that they bring more than they take out - like they do every week on QT. Why stop at 4 million eh?

But if we control our borders we'd be happy to let the qualified doctors & nurses in. Thats the whole point.