EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Read the FT. The 5 largest US banks, for starters.

Anecdotally, 7 of our largest SME-type UK clients (combined t/o about £250m) have relocations planned (meaning redundancies in UK) and, from what I'm hearing in my profession at partner level, half of the British IP profession intend to follow me (meaning, you guessed it, more redundancies in the UK).

Oh well...omlet, eggs and all that?

Again, EU immigration will not reduce until after the actual Brexit.

I think we've moved from the expert opinions on the effect of Brexit on UK GDP to your own perspective. Which is fine, but I was originally responding to assertions about the predictions of expert bodies.

I think we've moved from the expert opinions on the effect of Brexit on UK GDP to your own perspective. Which is fine, but I was originally responding to assertions about the predictions of expert bodies.
I think I referred you to financial papers, before adding some personal anecdotes? Here you go.

I'm not going to post reams and reams of these, you can Google them to your heart's content: I've been tracking them as part of my personal risk assessment/contingency planning for months, and there's hundreds and more. None of them are particularly scary or biased, it's just commonsensical business planning and, within that, business risk mitigating and market share preservation, in a european and global context.

What do think all the NGOs, the Treasury, the international trade bodies and organisations, the academics and the economists all uniformly predicting a hard slap post-a-Brexit-vote base their analysis on?

Like I've said time and again, you don't have to like the bad news, and by all means be as optimistic as you wish.

But it'd better if you planned how to deal with the teeth after you kick the tiger up the @rse, instead of dreaming about where you're going to hang the skin.

Edited by L00b

I think I referred you to financial papers, before adding some personal anecdotes? Here you go.

I'm not going to post reams and reams of these, you can Google them to your heart's content: I've been tracking them as part of my personal risk assessment/contingency planning for months, and there's hundreds and more. None of them are particularly scary or biased, it's just commonsensical business planning and, within that, business risk mitigating and market share preservation, in a european and global context.

What do think all the NGOs, the Treasury, the international trade bodies and organisations, the academics and the economists all uniformly predicting a hard slap post-a-Brexit-vote base their analysis on?

Like I've said time and again, you don't have to like the bad news, and by all means be as optimistic as you wish.

But it'd better if you planned how to deal with the teeth after you kick the tiger up the @rse, instead of dreaming about where you're going to hang the skin.

Yes. There are banks reviewing their European position. Wow.

Doesn't actually say that they're planning to relocate to an EU country though does it. Nor is it clear that this is a result of Brexit.

As a scientist you bloody well know how predictive statistical analysis works. You might not be an economist, but you do know that these economic forecasters use reasonably solid data.

CEOs aren't harping up about this because they have been told to do so, they are harping up about it because they know the consequences of Brexit on their businesses.

People like l00b, who is an expert in his field, has a pretty good idea of how Brexit would affect his trade. I find it wholly incredible that someone chooses to ignore all these warning signs by praising an 'it isn't all about money' comment. That is such a naive position thatiscompletelynot befitting any one with an understanding of the world.

Ps the spacebar on my ipad is rubbish.

Are people aware that due to the EU that mobile phone charges are supposed to be coming down?

If this is the case that mobile phone charges are going to be reduced then I will be voting to remain within the EU

And no I'm not stupid, I've got a degree

Are people aware that due to the EU that mobile phone charges are supposed to be coming down?

If this is the case that mobile phone charges are going to be reduced then I will be voting to remain within the EU

Good for you! But in your best interests you should know the EU plans to lengthen ad breaks and put limits on US made Netflix content.

:|

Good for you! But in your best interests you should know the EU plans to lengthen ad breaks and put limits on US made Netflix content.

:|

mmm, not sure now

If the Eu can reduce the monthly fees by 50p a month then I'm voting remain

:thumbsup:

Gonna be soooon :banana: