EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

It's not a blatant lie, we do give 350 million but we get some back in a rebate etc. The money we get back is our money but we have to spend the money as the eu directs. So what they should have said is we pay, I may be wrong, 184 million each week to the eu that we do not get back as rebate or as eu money.

For the remainers this thread can be viewed a success as two, shef and white owl, who have moved from undecided to inners.

---------- Post added 27-05-2016 at 20:58 ----------

However the initial poll still shows 2 to 1 for out is I take some comfort in that.

The rebate is deducted before we send any money. Therefore it's a lie.

If it was an advert for a product the ASA would force its removal.

It just shows how the Brexit politicians will brazenly cheat and lie.

For an undecided you sure do like picking on just one side, they also said the rebate isn't set in stone so can be revoked, meaning it might not apply in 1 year 2, year ect.

Rebate is a partial refund to someone who has paid too much, if it's too much then why is it a rebate every year instead of just lowing our contributions on a permanent basis?

I have to agree. This £50m/day is a complete lie.

Still, there are plenty of more respectable Brexiters who refuse to repeat it and will call it a lie. Liam Fox for example, I heard saying as much just yesterday.

And it's not like the out-ers haven't done their share.

---------- Post added 27-05-2016 at 21:47 ----------

Rebate is a partial refund to someone who has paid too much, if it's too much then why is it a rebate every year instead of just lowing our contributions on a permanent basis?

There's a formula for EU payments, to which the UK has an exception. It doesn't matter how it's phrased. It's still money we don't send to the EU.

You're defending the indefensible. You don't have to approve of everything the Brexit folk say just because you agree with them on which way to vote.

We don't send them £50m/day and then they send some of it back. We just don't send it. In no meaningful sense of the word do we "send" that money to the EU.

Besides I think the headline figure of £8-12bn/year even after deduction of the rebate, the CAP payments are all the other funding says it all quite clearly. That money just goes out and we never see anything from it.

Edited by unbeliever

well put. The money side from my point of view is secondary. Its the loss of things that cannot be measured in pounds and pence that matter to me.

I have admiration for Loob who seems to be a very knowlegable man, his business acumen far outweighs mine and he puts forward some great arguments which he measures in pounds and pence. He and the others that argue alongside him are fully entitled to their view.

I will still vote out and hope that we win. I believe the EU may well renege on what has been offered either in EU parliament or courts. Even if they pass the minor changes the EU itself will never change. Junkers power has gone to his head, he is threatening to isolate any right wing govts that are elected, can he do this, is it right.

So should we lose I will console myself that it is very likely I will see the demise of the EU before I do, hopefully gonna live for another 30 years:hihi:

There's a formula for EU payments, to which the UK has an exception. It doesn't matter how it's phrased. It's still money we don't send to the EU.

You're defending the indefensible. You don't have to approve of everything the Brexit folk say just because you agree with them on which way to vote.

We don't send them £50m/day and then they send some of it back. We just don't send it. In no meaningful sense of the word do we "send" that money to the EU.

Besides I think the headline figure of £8-12bn/year even after deduction of the rebate, the CAP payments are all the other funding says it all quite clearly. That money just goes out and we never see anything from it.

I didn't defend it or say I approved of it, and I did say both sides are as bad, for instance Cameron lied intentionally when he said every family would be worse off by £4300 a year, that's a significantly bigger lie. The IN camp started with the lies and I am sad to say that lying wins elections and referendums, the electorate tend not to like the truth so they don't vote for people that give them the truth.

The rebate is applied a year after we pay the cash.

well put. The money side from my point of view is secondary. Its the loss of things that cannot be measured in pounds and pence that matter to me.

I have admiration for Loob who seems to be a very knowlegable man, his business acumen far outweighs mine and he puts forward some great arguments which he measures in pounds and pence. He and the others that argue alongside him are fully entitled to their view.

I will still vote out and hope that we win. I believe the EU may well renege on what has been offered either in EU parliament or courts. Even if they pass the minor changes the EU itself will never change. Junkers power has gone to his head, he is threatening to isolate any right wing govts that are elected, can he do this, is it right.

So should we lose I will console myself that it is very likely I will see the demise of the EU before I die, hopefully gonna live for another 30 years:hihi:

The rebate is applied a year after we pay the cash.

Desperate stuff.

Everybody accepts it's a lie, except some misguided bods in the Brexit campaign who want to keep that particular dog whistle peeping away.

---------- Post added 28-05-2016 at 07:48 ----------

Well we can see how desperate they are to keep us in,

"So THAT'S why they don't want us to leave: Brexit set to send German exporters bust"

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/674546/Brexit-set-to-send-German-exporters-bust

Can't you do any better than the Express.

Nasty little xenophobic rag.

---------- Post added 28-05-2016 at 07:52 ----------

For an undecided you sure do like picking on just one side, they also said the rebate isn't set in stone so can be revoked, meaning it might not apply in 1 year 2, year ect.

The 'stay' campaign despite all of Cameron's recent nonsense is making the most solid case.

The leave campaign is a turgid mess. Trading on blatant lies is never going to convince me to come off the fence.

It's one thing a campaigner making the odd slip-up or to tell a white lie in an interview, but to drive around the whole country in a big red (Polish-built) bus for weeks on end with a blatant lie plastered on the side of it is quite something else.