EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

i think anybody that thinks there will be another referendum for a vote in, by that logic, the voting population will also want one for a vote out, where will it stop?

It will stop when either:

1. The right-wing Brexiters in the Tory party are defeated and nullified

2. The right-wing Brexiters in the Tory party become dominant and nullify the liberal wing of the party

Make no mistake that is what all this is about.

Well, if you understand that both campaigns have been hijacked in a proxy battle between competing strands of the Tory party then you will understand the problem. At the end of the day this is not simply about whether we Brexit or not, but also about each strand of the party competing for a mandate for which brand of conservatism will be foisted on the country after June.

For a decision of this constitutional magnitude surely it is wrong for the campaigns to be hijacked in they way they have been.

---------- Post added 28-05-2016 at 11:14 ----------

I made no secret my views were 60:40 to say in. I've wavered a bit, considering voting leave, but the way the Brexit campaign is being run means at the moment there is no way I can support it.

It is going to take some major event in the EU itself to change my mind. The Brexiters aren't going to do it for me.

50/50 in this thread, have you been taking lessons from Dodgy Dave?

50/50 in this thread, have you been taking lessons from Dodgy Dave?

I said I had wavered a bit ;)

60:40 at the start, then 50:50, now back to 60:40

Make no mistake, I don't have much time for the EU as it currently stands.

Just want to say how grown up the last couple of pages of debate have been, well done.Farage had his tea in chapeltown Wednesday and the people who chatted to him in the venue were quite impressed with him, again no tv cameras present.

For T3 I understand where you are coming from but I believe there are members from labour who are lobbying for a Lexit, that is the left wing of labour voting and lobbying to leave. Also there are mainstream labour MPs on the out side too, so they have put aside their political differences and fears to lobby for out so they must want it for their own reasons.

I agree that this will not be the last referendum if we vote to stay, several remainers including Max Hastings have said there will be another if The EU does not reform, which it won,t.

Just want to say how grown up the last couple of pages of debate have been, well done.Farage had his tea in chapeltown Wednesday and the people who chatted to him in the venue were quite impressed with him, again no tv cameras present.

For T3 I understand where you are coming from but I believe there are members from labour who are lobbying for a Lexit, that is the left wing of labour voting and lobbying to leave. Also there are mainstream labour MPs on the out side too, so they have put aside their political differences and fears to lobby for out so they must want it for their own reasons.

I agree that this will not be the last referendum if we vote to stay, several remainers including Max Hastings have said there will be another if The EU does not reform, which it won,t.

But the vote is to stay in the already reformed EU or leave it, there are no plans or promises of more reforms. Does anyone know where some of the leave voters got this bizarre idea from, who promised more reforms?

Why. Is he an alcoholic?

Corbyn is damn-near tee total so I doubt he'd go pubbing. But it does actually sound like something he would do, if you switch pub for cafe or library or something.

Cameron is PM so it's not quite the same. It's more difficult for him to just wander into a boozer. He tends to draw a crowd and get followed by the media everywhere.

Corbyn is damn-near tee total so I doubt he'd go pubbing. But it does actually sound like something he would do, if you switch pub for cafe or library or something.

Cameron is PM so it's not quite the same. It's more difficult for him to just wander into a boozer. He tends to draw a crowd and get followed by the media everywhere.

Corbyn enjoys a chamomile tea and a nice sit down.