EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I seem to remember quite a large fight in Glasgow after the referendum. Were those crowds orchestrated?

with respect, that sounds like a typical Glasgae night out (buckfast assisted no doubt)

Fights in Glasgow are not uncommon I'm afraid!

I shall vote to leave the EU, but I'll be surprised if we do as it will be tipped the governments way.

Fights in Glasgow following a referendum on independence have occurred precisely once in my lifetime.

It suits your agenda to believe the government will fiddle the result because you are incapable of accepting most people in the country don't agree with you.

I find it odd that you don't trust the British government to run the country, but you trust them not to allow further integration with the EU, you appear to think that when it starts going down a path you don't like, you will be given another opportunity to vote. So that means more years of uncertainty.

I don't trust them that is the point.

The worst scenario possible is a 'leave' vote followed by Cameron being kicked out as PM, replaced by Johnson or Gove who could then refuse to go to the polls and spend the best part of 4 years implemented the most extreme right-wing Tory smash and grab they can get away with.

What if there is a snap election and Corbyn gains power? Possibly just as bad for the country because there is no way Labour could provide any kind of stable government to back him.

Stay in is less risk right now, maybe another referendum later when we have more stable and credible domestic politics.

I doubt it, Edinburgh's far too civilised for that.

It was Glasgow. George's Square.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 01:15 ----------

The worst scenario possible is a 'leave' vote followed by Cameron being kicked out as PM, replaced by Johnson or Gove who could then refuse to go to the polls and spend the best part of 4 years implemented the most extreme right-wing Tory smash and grab they can get away with.

What if there is a snap election and Corbyn gains power? Possibly just as bad for the country because there is no way Labour could provide any kind of stable government to back him.

Stay in is less risk right now, maybe another referendum later when we have more stable and credible domestic politics.

Very interesting point. Who do (non-UKIP) Brexiters want in power following the referendum?? Who do you most trust to lay the groundwork for the trade deals we will require? The amount of hatred directed towards our elected politicians by some Brexiters (and remainers) on this thread suggests you wouldn't trust anyone with the job. But someone will have to do it. Why have faith in those politicians protecting your interests post Brexit any more than you do now?

Edited by Shef1985

So you don't trust the British people to elect a government that is best for the British people, but you do truth the EU which is run by unelected bureaucrats and MEP's that are elected by the people of 28 different countries. Would you prefer a dictatorship on the grounds that the British people elect a governments you don't like?

Edited by sutty27

Corbyn, Johnson, I don't care. 4-5 years of bad leadership we can weather. We've been through it before. This is way bigger than that,

The postal Vote arrived yesterday. Signed, date of birth filled in, just need to decide which box to tick :( still no flipping idea! Am I still,the only one not knowing which way to vote?????????

Very interesting point. Who do (non-UKIP) Brexiters want in power following the referendum?? Who do you most trust to lay the groundwork for the trade deals we will require? The amount of hatred directed towards our elected politicians by some Brexiters (and remainers) on this thread suggests you wouldn't trust anyone with the job. But someone will have to do it. Why have faith in those politicians protecting your interests post Brexit any more than you do now?

John Redwood and Liam Fox would be my first choice.

What I think will happen is that the Conservative party leadership in general will spend some time developing a consensus position on how to approach the negotiations. The remain side within the party (and the remain side at large mostly) are not fans of the EU anyway. They don't want the Euro and they don't want any more transfer of power. So I really don't think it will be a problem.

I would hope that they have enough integrity that if they intend to do something as major as signing us up to EFTA, we'll be asked for our consent

Edited by unbeliever