EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Yes mate, Obelix on another thread mentioned it on another threat the other day. Oh dear.....

If Obelix did say something it would have been meaningless to a new member.

So you are Obelix then.

Edited by sutty27

I remember the signs that said "No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs." Times don't change.

i am at an age to ask you if you are English, where and when have you seen a sign thats said no blacks in England?

If Oblelix did say something it would have been meaningless to a new member.

So you are Obelix then.

Nope. I have been been a member of this forum in one name and one name only, Shef1985. I frequently read the forum before but I only registered last year so I could add my two cents to a post about exam questions.

Obelix has been here way longer than me and suggests sutty27 is the latest of your many user names. He says you are a troll. I tend to agree with that opinion.

Anyway, this thread isn't about you! So troll off.

I remember the signs that said "No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs." Times don't change.

You do know that some of the British people that can't get work because of immigration are black, brown, Irish and white.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 16:35 ----------

Nope. I have been been a member of this forum in one name and one name only, Shef1985. I frequently read the forum before but I only registered last year so I could add my two cents to a post about exam questions.

Obelix has been here way longer than me and suggests sutty27 is the latest of your many user names. He says you are a troll. I tend to agree with that opinion.

Anyway, this thread isn't about you! So troll off.

You are the one that got all upset when I pointed out some uncomfortable on topic facts, if you looked up the definition of troll you would realise that it is you doing the trolling Obelix.

Edited by sutty27

You do know that some of the British people that can't get work because of immigration are black, brown, Irish and white.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 16:35 ----------

You are the one that got all upset when I pointed some uncomfortable on topic facts out, if you looked up the definition of troll you would realise that it is you doing the trolling Obelix.

Lol, ok buddy, whatever. I'm happy in the knowledge SF doesn't agree with you.

I do not agree with your assessment that 54,000 EU nationals have taken jobs Brits could do. Nor 80,000 in Social Care. I have never heard anyone make such a claim elsewhere.

In terms of my own industry I know for a fact that EU nationals have not taken jobs Brits can do. We simply do not produce enough graduates in my field. If we wanted lawyers or psychologists or photographers or golf course managers we'd be quids in. But we need scientists. Which we find in Europe.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Lol, ok buddy, whatever. I'm happy in the knowledge SF doesn't agree with you.

To be privy to that kind of information would make would part of the Admin team.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 16:56 ----------

I do not agree with your assessment that 54,000 EU nationals have taken jobs Brits could do. Nor 80,000 in Social Care. I have never heard anyone make such a claim elsewhere.

In terms of my own industry I know for a fact that EU nationals have not taken jobs Brits can do. We simply do not produce enough graduates in my field. If we wanted lawyers or psychologists or photographers or golf course managers we'd be quids in. But we need scientists. Which we find in Europe.

Jobs created in Britain are by definition British jobs, if someone other than a British person is doing those jobs then that someone is doing a job that could be done by a British person, subject to that British person being given the opportunity and training.

That brings us back to the question that sent you off on one.

Why are there 54,000 EU nationals working for the NHS when we have had young well educated people wanting to work for the NHS for the past few decades but have been unable to get the required training, why does the rest of the world have an over supply of doctors and nurses whilst we can't produce enough?

Edited by sutty27

i am at an age to ask you if you are English, where and when have you seen a sign thats said no blacks in England?

I was born and dragged up in Sheffield and can trace my family back to 1559 in Lincolnshire. I can remember when I saw my first black person, it was so unusual then, it was outside the Robin Hood pub on Ellesmere Road in Burngreave. I remember signs saying No Blacks and just in case my memory was failing I took to Google and found allsorts of references to the phrase including a link to the Torygraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11467713/No-dogs.-No-blacks.-No-Irish-is-now-Ukip-policy.html

To be privy to that kind of information would make would part of the Admin team.

Privy to what, they can quite clearly see I am not Obelix? I don't need to be on the admin team to assume they can check that.

Prove me wrong about NHS workers. Show me the vast number of British people that cannot work for the NHS because EU nationals took their job. Show us all. Prove your argument.

While you are at it do the same for social care, do the same for farming, do the same for the science industry, do the same for hotel work, transport, retail, catering etc etc.

Take proper consideration of the impact of non-EU migrants as well. Don't fudge your results by mixing non-EU and EU numbers.

Edited by Shef1985

Get back to the topic.

This is on topic but you appear unwilling to discus it, and instead prefer ranting.

Why are there 54,000 EU nationals working for the NHS when we have had young well educated people wanting to work for the NHS for the past few decades but have been unable to get the required training, why does the rest of the world have an over supply of doctors and nurses whilst we can't produce enough?