EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I was born and dragged up in Sheffield and can trace my family back to 1559 in Lincolnshire. I can remember when I saw my first black person, it was so unusual then, it was outside the Robin Hood pub on Ellesmere Road in Burngreave. I remember signs saying No Blacks and just in case my memory was failing I took to Google and found allsorts of references to the phrase including a link to the Torygraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11467713/No-dogs.-No-blacks.-No-Irish-is-now-Ukip-policy.html

I was bred born on Spital Street and Know the Robin Hood very well, you must be going back before i was born, well before world war11 before the thirties?

also i have never head any of the old one who was born in the 1800s speak of it either.

And another thing the first black man in Sheffield was in the thirties

Edited by kidley

Jobs created in Britain are by definition British jobs, if someone other than a British person is doing those jobs then that someone is doing a job that could be done by a British person, subject to that British person being given the opportunity and training.

What a load of nonsense. Millions of jobs in Britain are entirely dependent on foreign investment and many millions more dependent on those.

That brings us back to the question that sent you off on one.

Why are there 54,000 EU nationals working for the NHS when we have had young well educated people wanting to work for the NHS for the past few decades but have been unable to get the required training, why does the rest of the world have an over supply of doctors and nurses whilst we can't produce enough?

Because the NHS is poorly managed, experienced staff leave the NHS to work, due to relatively poor pay in the NHS, for private healthcare and because Britain is run by reactionists rather than planners. Meaning that 'we will train 100,000 new doctors' only happens after reports have stated that there is now a shortage of 100,000 doctors.

This is on topic but you appear unwilling to discus it, and instead prefer ranting.

Why are there 54,000 EU nationals working for the NHS when we have had young well educated people wanting to work for the NHS for the past few decades but have been unable to get the required training, why does the rest of the world have an over supply of doctors and nurses whilst we can't produce enough?

I edited my previous post whilst you replied.

Prove that claim. Third time you have posted it and you have yet to back it up. Saying something again and again doesn't prove an opinion.

Edited by Shef1985

I was bred born on Spital Street and Know the Robin Hood very well, you must be going back before i was born, well before world war11 before the thirties?

also i have never head any of the old one who was born in the 1800s speak of it either.

And another thing the first black man in Sheffield was in the thirties

The first major influx of West Indians was on the MV Empire Windrush in 1948 , all 492 of them https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Empire_Windrush

What a load of nonsense. Millions of jobs in Britain are entirely dependent on foreign investment and many millions more dependent on those.

Because the NHS is poorly managed, experienced staff leave the NHS to work, due to relatively poor pay in the NHS, for private healthcare and because Britain is run by reactionists rather than planners. Meaning that 'we will train 100,000 new doctors' only happens after reports have stated that there is now a shortage of 100,000 doctors.

Meaning I am right to blame the government, this one, the last one and the one before that, glad we agree.

Meaning I am right to blame the government, this one, the last one and the one before that, glad we agree.

Yes you are, but you are wrong in blaming the EU migrants, imagine what a mess the NHS would be in if it didn't have them to compensate and clean up the mess the UK government creates?

I was born and dragged up in Sheffield and can trace my family back to 1559 in Lincolnshire. I can remember when I saw my first black person, it was so unusual then, it was outside the Robin Hood pub on Ellesmere Road in Burngreave. I remember signs saying No Blacks and just in case my memory was failing I took to Google and found allsorts of references to the phrase including a link to the Torygraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11467713/No-dogs.-No-blacks.-No-Irish-is-now-Ukip-policy.html

With regard the above post, i would tell you to your face

you are a liar, as i said in my other post i know the Robin Hood very well, and in the ½% that i an wrong what year are you talking about.

i Know the first black family that settled in Sheffield.

I edited my previous post whilst you replied.

Prove that claim. Third time you have posted it and you have yet to back it up. Saying something again and again doesn't prove an opinion.

If I backed it up you wouldn't accept it, its been reported many times over the past 20 years and I know form first hand experience that some young people can't and couldn't get on nursing courses despite meeting the entry requirements.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 17:34 ----------

Yes you are, but you are wrong in blaming the EU migrants, imagine what a mess the NHS would be in if it didn't have them to compensate and clean up the mess the UK government creates?

Migration is one of the reasons our government doesn't have to plan, they can simply poach the trained people they need from other parts of the world, I don't blame the migrants I blame the government.

If I backed it up you wouldn't accept it, its been reported many times over the past 20 years and I know form first hand experience that some young people can't and couldn't get on nursing courses despite meeting the entry requirements.

Try me, back it up. I am a scientist, I love evidence!

Right off the bat I know two people that walked into medicine within the last 20 years. Both are as English as tea.

With regard the above post, i would tell you to your face

you are a liar, as i said in my other post i know the Robin Hood very well, and in the ½% that i an wrong what year are you talking about.

i Know the first black family that settled in Sheffield.

Thanks for that!

I confess I have never been in the Robin Hood, I was far too young at the time but my memory of the experience of seeing my first black person remains with me. I was with my mother on a visit to my grandmother who lived on Earsham street but you obviously know better.