EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Incredible stuff in the Sunday Times today as a Tory MP was reported as saying about David Cameron:

"I want to stab him in the front so I can see the expression on his face. You’d have to twist the knife, though, because we want it back for [George] Osborne.

“All we have to do is catch the prime minister with a live boy or a dead girl and we are away."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-mp-demands-david-cameron-resign-over-brexit-lies-on-live-tv_uk_574ab863e4b02163fae8f39c

This is why I don't want to hand any kind of mandate to the Tory right. They are utter scum.

Are you saying that risking a few years of leadership you don't like is more important than membership of the EU?

Or are you saying that you like the fact that EU membership makes the UK government weak because sometimes the Conservatives win and you want to make sure they're hobbled?

This train of logic makes no sense at all to me.

To me this is a constitutional matter and I wouldn't change may vote even if I thought it would put Corbyn in as PM for 5 years.

How will you respond when they come up with a new excuse. Immigration and the economy are linked, any incumbent post-Brexit government will know that. They might close the tap a little, but they can't shut it down in an effort to limit immigration as it will also shut the tap on tax-revenues which are directly linked to the economy.

Every five years I will vote for a party I want in government, you appear to be under the impression that everyone voting out wants to end all immigration.

Cutting immigration won't slow the economy but it will reduce the amount of money needed to fund the benefits system and the rest of the public services.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 21:45 ----------

Are you saying that risking a few years of leadership you don't like is more important than membership of the EU?

Or are you saying that you like the fact that EU membership makes the UK government weak because sometimes the Conservatives win and you want to make sure they're hobbled?

To me this is a constitutional matter and I wouldn't change may vote even if I thought it would put Corbyn in as PM for 5 years.

Scary thought but if its what the population want I could live with it and it also wouldn't make me change my vote. Not sure why some people hate the Tories so much, I never hear the same the other way round, people don't like labour but I have never come across anyone that hates them with as much passion as some hate the Tories.

Every five years I will vote for a party I want in government, you appear to be under the impression that everyone voting out wants to end all immigration.

Cutting immigration won't slow the economy but it will reduce the amount of money needed to fund the benefits system and the rest of the public services.

No I am under the impression, backed up by numerous posts on this thread and elsewhere, that a lot of people will vote out because they think it will stop immigration. It won't, and they need to know that.

Junker has no right to sideline a democratically elected govt because of its policies.Whichever country votes them in does so knowing its policies,

You see thats the problem, he says do as we say and we have no recourse against him. If there is anything that he does not like he turns into a dictator saying what the eu will and will not do.If the eu was a democracy do you not think the eu parliament should have a say in it,

If Austria had elected the far right president that is their right and Junker should keep his nose out.

That is why I am voting out, one man dictating eu policy shows it is not a democracy.

So basically you are voting in because you hate the Tories.

Sad to say but my mind is now made up after today's events and that is about the long and short of it. Our domestic political landscape is not currently stable enough to deal with a change of this magnitude

If we vote Brexit there is no guarantee that if Cameron is ousted the Tories will go the country and seek a new mandate. That further risks the implementation of an extreme right wing agenda for almost 4 years using Brexit as air cover. I can't vote leave on that basis. I'd be crazy to as it goes against all my beliefs.

If the result is remain I think we will get another referendum soon enough, and hopefully by that time both the main parties will have stabilised enough to reduce the risk.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 22:14 ----------

No I am under the impression, backed up by numerous posts on this thread and elsewhere, that a lot of people will vote out because they think it will stop immigration. It won't, and they need to know that.

They are not listening to the subtle language often used by the Brexit leaders. What they often say is that we will be able to control immigration and make our own decisions about who we choose to admit. That is not the same as stopping it or reducing it.

Once people understand that immigration is driven primarily by the needs of business, and that the Tory party is the political wing of British business, then they should be able to join the dots and understand what is really on offer. The idea of reconnecting with the commonwealth is a huge clue.

Then you have got the wrong impression, to date I have never come across anyone that as mentioned stopping immigration.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 22:29 ----------

And remind us exactly who voted Mr Juncker into office.

Well it wasn't Nigel because Nigel didn't even know who he was.

:)

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 22:33 ----------

Sad to say but my mind is now made up after today's events and that is about the long and short of it. .

Your mind as been made up form the start, its been very clear to all that you support in and have always supported in, and you are trying to convince people that if they vote in now they will get the chance of another vote in the near future, you are trying to con people.

Edited by sutty27

It's probably making no sense because you can't see the obvious problem. The problem is that our politicians are not equipped at present to deal with the consequences of a Brexit vote. I seriously do not think any of them on any side are the right people to take us through the process.

Staying in, for now, is the safest option.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 22:52 ----------

Then you have got the wrong impression, to date I have never come across anyone that as mentioned stopping immigration.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 22:29 ----------

Well it wasn't Nigel because Nigel didn't even know who he was.

:)

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 22:33 ----------

Your mind as been made up form the start, its been very clear to all that you support in and have always supported in, and you are trying to convince people that if they vote in now they will get the chance of another vote in the near future, you are trying to con people.

I said I was 60:40 at the start and that I was willing to be persuaded.

The leave campaign has been a pathetic disaster. It won't be getting my vote.

The postal Vote arrived yesterday. Signed, date of birth filled in, just need to decide which box to tick :( still no flipping idea! Am I still,the only one not knowing which way to vote?????????

the head says leave, the heart says stay :help:

the head says leave, the heart says stay :help:

But Vote!!! Thirty something percent turn out in local elections is the norm, sixty six in a general. Such a waste to not vote!

If every single person votes based on their own unique circumstances then at least the result has the wisdom of the crowd.