EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

But Vote!!! Thirty something percent turn out in local elections is the norm, sixty six in a general. Such a waste to not vote!

If every single person votes based on their own unique circumstances then at least the result has the wisdom of the crowd.

oh, don't worry, I'll vote.

Living in a Roma-gypsy afflicted part of the city, I can honestly say that my life has been negatively affected by mass immigration of uncivilised Eastern European migrants. The noise, the litter. . . Do I want to put a stop to that? YES!

On the other hand, the majority of the Brexiters I've have the misfortune to converse with, are a bunch of hate-filled, spiteful, hypocritical nobs (can I use that word on here? Mods, please edit if someone complains). Do I want to give these right-whingers a mandate to decide my future? NO!

Still, there's several weeks to make up my mind.

oh, don't worry, I'll vote.

Living in a Roma-gypsy afflicted part of the city, I can honestly say that my life has been negatively affected by mass immigration of uncivilised Eastern European migrants. The noise, the litter. . . Do I want to put a stop to that? YES!

You do realise that voting to leave won't change that situation don't you?

There will be 2 to 5 years of the status quo while the exit deal is sorted out.

Any post exit deal to access the single market will include free movement.

If we abandon the single market then there may not be free movement but the people already here will be given permission to remain because

a) I doubt they will go if we ask them nicely and trying some sort of forced mass expulsion is really not going to end well

b) if we force immigrants to leave then the European countries will expel all our e xpats especially if we try and force them out

Junker has no right to sideline a democratically elected govt because of its policies.Whichever country votes them in does so knowing its policies,

You see thats the problem, he says do as we say and we have no recourse against him. If there is anything that he does not like he turns into a dictator saying what the eu will and will not do.If the eu was a democracy do you not think the eu parliament should have a say in it,

If Austria had elected the far right president that is their right and Junker should keep his nose out.

That is why I am voting out, one man dictating eu policy shows it is not a democracy.

He has actually, all member-states ratified that the EU should strive to uphold human rights, including freedom of speech and political freedom.

And remind us exactly who voted Mr Juncker into office.

The people of Europe, except UKIPers and Tories who voted in an MEP without any say on who could become President of the Commission. Juncker was put forward by his EP party and campaigned all over Europe to get his post.

Then you have got the wrong impression, to date I have never come across anyone that as mentioned stopping immigration.

Don't make me laugh.

He has actually, all member-states ratified that the EU should strive to uphold human rights, including freedom of speech and political freedom.

The people of Europe, except UKIPers and Tories who voted in an MEP without any say on who could become President of the Commission. Juncker was put forward by his EP party and campaigned all over Europe to get his post.

Don't make me laugh.

Your own prejudices are causing you to see something that isn't there, no one is saying that immigration should be stopped. Controlled, managed, reduced are the words I keep seeing.

Edited by sutty27

Have we got the Euro here? Wasn't aware of that? In the mean-time I offer you this overwhelming evidence that the economy will suffer upon Brexit.

That's not overwhelming evidence. That's a bunch of opinions from largely the same people who said the same rubbish about not joining the Euro and before that the ERM.

The UK is still heavily indebted, is still borrowing to meet its expenses and thus will have to cut public spending even further.

The tax-income as predicted now will drop if the economy suffers, a 1% drop in tax revenue for Georgie means that the 350 million a week claim will instantly become even more laughable because all of a sudden the country is losing that each week in lost tax revenue.

The Eurozone has a higher debt to GDP ratio than the UK and only Germany is running a slight surplus of around 0.3% where as everybody else is running a deficit. Most of the deficits are substantial.

The single currency was a stupid idea implemented by stupid people for political rather than economic reasons. They did this because of how stupid they are.

They've learned nothing. They're still protecting the project at the expense of the people of Europe.

Suggesting that we should remain tethered to this wreck of a supra-national government whilst they work on the next way to foul things up for 300 million people is also stupid.

Suggesting that we have to do so in case they attempt to punish is with the few minor trade restrictions which the WTO and Lisbon treaties permit is even more stupid.

The entire remain case is an appeal to authority, when said authority is already discredited on these matters, combined with an insulting attitude to their opponents.

This thing would be over by now is the leave campaign weren't so badly run.

So T the fact that a govt is democratically elected means nothing to junker in that he will ignore and sideline them. The fact something was ratified does not mean that it cannot be changed or participants give notice they are leaving such agreements.

People are allowed to vote in who they see fit, in essence exercising their political freedom to do so. The fact that the eu ignores them will lead to further anti eu sentiment. At the moment both Hungary and Poland have right of center govts,will they be ignored if they do something that junker or merkel do not agree with. Guess it's lucky the eu does not have its own army YET or such countries could be in serious trouble.

That's not overwhelming evidence. That's a bunch of opinions from largely the same people who said the same rubbish about not joining the Euro and before that the ERM.

I'd like you to deliver the statistics that show the same huge majority warned about not joining the Euro. I am 99% convinced you won't be able to, so surprise me.

The Eurozone has a higher debt to GDP ratio than the UK and only Germany is running a slight surplus of around 0.3% where as everybody else is running a deficit. Most of the deficits are substantial.

Alphabetic list: Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain - that is 13 out of 19 Euro countries. As a whole the Eurozone now is at 90.7% and the UK is at 89.2, at the current trend it is a few months before the Eurozone is less indebted than the UK and that is a Eurozone with the 'Pigs and Cyprus' (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain).

The single currency was a stupid idea implemented by stupid people for political rather than economic reasons. They did this because of how stupid they are.

They've learned nothing. They're still protecting the project at the expense of the people of Europe.

Suggesting that we should remain tethered to this wreck of a supra-national government whilst they work on the next way to foul things up for 300 million people is also stupid.

As a self-proclaimed expert I'd like to know what puts you in a position to claim the collective governments of the time were stupid.

Suggesting that we have to do so in case they attempt to punish is with the few minor trade restrictions which the WTO and Lisbon treaties permit is even more stupid.

The entire remain case is an appeal to authority, when said authority is already discredited on these matters, combined with an insulting attitude to their opponents.

This thing would be over by now is the leave campaign weren't so badly run.

Suggesting we have to do what?

So T the fact that a govt is democratically elected means nothing to junker in that he will ignore and sideline them. The fact something was ratified does not mean that it cannot be changed or participants give notice they are leaving such agreements.

People are allowed to vote in who they see fit, in essence exercising their political freedom to do so. The fact that the eu ignores them will lead to further anti eu sentiment. At the moment both Hungary and Poland have right of center govts,will they be ignored if they do something that junker or merkel do not agree with. Guess it's lucky the eu does not have its own army YET or such countries could be in serious trouble.

No Panzer, what he meant was that if a government decides to run a course that flies in the face of the founding principles of the EU than he will exercise political tools available to him to ensure the EU does not suffer as a result.

Also, despite the Austrian result, election results throughout the EU have shown a stabilisation of far right voters at under 10% of the population.

If we abandon the single market then there may not be free movement but the people already here will be given permission to remain because

a) I doubt they will go if we ask them nicely and trying some sort of forced mass expulsion is really not going to end well

b) if we force immigrants to leave then the European countries will expel all our e xpats especially if we try and force them out

Interesting. What if during the 2-5 years there was a mass influx of EU migrants looking to get into Britain while they still could. I mean if a few million extra people rocked up then is somebody going to tell us how we deport them afterwards? Who is going to pay for that? Are our border agencies and police forces big enough? Have we got the necessary custody arrangements?

Interesting. What if during the 2-5 years there was a mass influx of EU migrants looking to get into Britain while they still could. I mean if a few million extra people rocked up then is somebody going to tell us how we deport them afterwards? Who is going to pay for that? Are our border agencies and police forces big enough? Have we got the necessary custody arrangements?

Are you suggesting that because this problem is difficult to address, we shouldn't try?

---------- Post added 30-05-2016 at 10:10 ----------

My bold.

That's not a fact. That's your opinion, based on guesswork.

---------- Post added 30-05-2016 at 10:11 ----------

I'd like you to deliver the statistics that show the same huge majority warned about not joining the Euro. I am 99% convinced you won't be able to, so surprise me.

I'm working on this.

I remember it and several people I trust also remember it.

I doubt the organisations themselves are still publishing such advice.

If I can't find it I shall have to withdraw what I said.

Are you suggesting that because this problem is difficult to address, we shouldn't try?

Because we should be dealing with the issues we can address first, like non-EU immigration.

The net growth in immigration last year was so high because the net increase in non-EU migration was 56% of the total net increase.