EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

What are you on about? Have you any idea the size of the EU contribution towards the ITER project. The U.K. couldn't afford that on its own. This is actually an example of why being in a collective is to the benefit to all as you all contribute a smaller amount but receive the full benefit.

It's an international project which could be funded, the EU puts in about $6 billion with other money coming from China, Japan, India, USA, South Korea, and Russian. If we hadn't been part of the EU I feel sure we would have been one of the partners and we would have been able to afford our share.

What are you on about? Have you any idea the size of the EU contribution towards the ITER project. The U.K. couldn't afford that on its own. This is actually an example of why being in a collective is to the benefit to all as you all contribute a smaller amount but receive the full benefit.

It's cheaper than CERN and the many countries involved in that managed to organise themselves to fund it collectively when the EU was just some technocrat's wet dream.

Edited by unbeliever

Well, David Cameron has joined forces with London Mayor Sadiq Khan. These two best mates greatly desire that we remain in the EU. But it was only a few short weeks ago that Cameron was implying that Khan was a terrorist sympathiser, and not the "proud Muslim" he calls him today. Oh dear. Does Cameron believe in anything other than gaining power and winning elections? I feel he will say anything to win. He is leading the Remain camp campaign. Think very carefully before you give your support to this deeply unprincipled man.

Well, David Cameron has joined forces with London Mayor Sadiq Khan. These two best mates greatly desire that we remain in the EU. But it was only a few short weeks ago that Cameron was implying that Khan was a terrorist sympathiser, and not the "proud Muslim" he calls him today. Oh dear. Does Cameron believe in anything other than gaining power and winning elections? I feel he will say anything to win. He is leading the Remain camp campaign. Think very carefully before you give your support to this deeply unprincipled man.

Or... think very carefully whether this decision isn't bigger than the muppets that are running the show. Voting out to spite Cameron is the dumbest thing anybody can do, just as voting in to spite Johnson is. This isn't a personal election thingy, this is about the future of the children of Britain.

It's cheaper than CERN and the many countries involved in that managed to organise themselves to fund it collectively when the EU was just some technocrat's wet dream.

They haven't finished building it yet and costs are expected to inflate. Not to mention, the whole thing is so experimental, the true cost is pretty much not known.

Car boot Don,t worry Cameron and Khan are just your average run of the mill two faced politician out for their own gain. After the vote they will be back to accusing each other off all sorts of things especially if they lose which I hope they do.:hihi::hihi:

There wouldn't be as many British scroungers if they were given some of the jobs that immigrants are doing, blame the government for allowing them to scrounge and allowing the immigrants in to do work that British people should be doing.

I do laugh at comments like this. We get people come to work for us who have to come to interview because basically the Job Centre will tell them their benefits will be stopped if they don't. We set them on within 3 months they leave. They have done their time so they can go back to benefits for a bit before they need to go to another interview. I can assure you they are all British nationals.

EU nationals take jobs such as picking the fruit in fields etc simply because the Brits will not do the jobs.

I do laugh at comments like this. We get people come to work for us who have to come to interview because basically the Job Centre will tell them their benefits will be stopped if they don't. We set them on within 3 months they leave. They have done their time so they can go back to benefits for a bit before they need to go to another interview. I can assure you they are all British nationals.

EU nationals take jobs such as picking the fruit in fields etc simply because the Brits will not do the jobs.

And there lies the problem, blame the government for allowing them back on benefits. Blame the government for encouraging and rewarding laziness.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 13:01 ----------

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/fruit-pickers-the-money-we-earn-is-not-worth-getting-out-of-bed-for-1740216.html

Two months ago, Ivan Borisov left his job as a tour operator in Bulgaria where he spent his summer guiding tourists around his country's Black Sea beach resorts and headed for the rolling Herefordshire countryside.

Despite having a steady job and knowing five languages, like thousands of seasonal labourers from eastern Europe who come to Britain every year, Mr Borisov believed the hours he would work on fruit farms this summer would make him enough money to justify spending six months away from his wife, Mira, and their newborn baby.

But earlier this week, the 27-year-old sat in a Tudor-style pub on the outskirts of the market town of Leominster, staring at the £7.62 that was supposed to last him until his next pay cheque, which was four days away.

"The money we earn is not even worth getting out of bed for," he said, picking at his soil-laden nails. "It is impossible to save so I can't send any money home to my wife. When I speak to her I tell her everything is OK because I don't want to upset her."

In Bulgaria, friends had assured Mr Borisov that a summer in Britain would make him thousands of pounds – far more than he could ever hope to make in his home town of Varna.

The work would be hard, he was told, but he could expect an eight-hour day, five days a week. Instead he is lucky if he brings in any more than £45 at the end of each week for 18 hours' work – the equivalent of £2.50 an hour.

"I feel like a slave," he says. "I want to go back to Bulgaria but where will I find the money to pay for the flight?"

Edited by sutty27

And there lies the problem, blame the government for allowing them back on benefits. Blame the government for encouraging and rewarding laziness.
So why do you blame the EU for it? :huh:

There's nothing under EU law to prevent the UK government from cracking down on the so-called "benefits lifestyle" you take issue with, with curtailing access to -and amounts of- benefits, to keep the course of action recounted by Mobile B above uneconomical for serial claimants.

Indeed, it would solve the further so-called problems of health tourism, child benefit exporting, and many others I'm sure, in one fell swoop...So, why won't the British government do that?:confused:

The work would be hard, he was told, but he could expect an eight-hour day, five days a week. Instead he is lucky if he brings in any more than £45 at the end of each week for 18 hours' work – the equivalent of £2.50 an hour.
A British employer paying a servile and captive seasonal manpower less than minimum wage? Who'd have thought?

Last I checked, that was still 100% a UK government problem (DBIS and HMRC, to be precise), not an EU problem.

Edited by L00b

So why do you blame the EU for it? :huh:

There's nothing under EU law to prevent the UK government from cracking down on the so-called "benefits lifestyle" you take issue with, with curtailing access to -and amounts of- benefits, to keep the course of action recounted by Mobile B above uneconomical for serial claimants.

Indeed, it would solve the further so-called problems of health tourism, child benefit exporting, and many others I'm sure, in one fell swoop...So, why won't the British government do that?:confused:

Can you not read.

I said