EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Can you not read.

I said

And there lies the problem, blame the government for allowing them back on benefits. Blame the government for encouraging and rewarding laziness.

I can read just fine.

You said you blame the government. No need to put it in bold font :roll:

Back to my post then, and looking forward to your replies :)

I can read just fine.

You said you blame the government. No need to put it in bold font :roll:

Back to my post then, and looking forward to your replies :)

In which post did I say I blamed the EU? I said I blamed our government, it doesn't help though that EU migrants can be brought over here and treated like slaves on UK farms.

In which post did I say I blamed the EU? I said I blamed our government, it doesn't help though that EU migrants can be brought over here and treated like slaves on UK farms.

It doesn't say that the EU dragged Ivan kicking and screaming over here to work. Sounds like he volunteered for a bit of seasonal work and was disappointed. Sorry Ivan! But thanks for coming anyway :-)

Is it hell!

Improvements to traditional nuclear.

Thorium cycle.

Fusion.

All these have the potential to resolve the CO2 issue without all the impracticalities of EU mandated renewables.

Missed this. I referred in particular to this sentence: "rather than just producing voluminous documents from Brussels."

The EU project I worked on had an actual tangible outcome that benefited a number of SMEs. The paperwork was no more, or less, than the paperwork involved with similar sized research projects funded by UK councils.

Nobody is "bringing" EU migrants into the UK: they bring themselves in, either through self-initiative (like the one in the article your linked) or in reply to advertisements by public and private British employers.

Unsurprisingly, few if any of the jobs that are advertised would be going sub-NMW, nor without all the regular job and pay declaring involving NI, etc. since they are traceable. Particularly so for public employers like the NHS.

The unregulated ad hoc jobs paid cash-in-hand like fruit and veg pickers, building site jobbers and the like, though...those using that cheap and malleable manpower in fields and on building sites to gain a competitive edge are hardly going to advertise the fact and bother with NI, PAYE and the like, and thereby stop the importing of that cheap and malleable manpower.

What does the Leave camp proposes to do about that situation?

More than BDIS and HMRC currently do with fines (that never get paid) and publication of names (which named business couldn't possibly care less about)?

Do they have a sustained and costed global PR campaign ready in the cartons, broadcasting to the world and its dog that no, the UK is not bathed in rainbows nor paved with gold nor with good intentions, so peeps shouldn't come here without an invite?

I'm asking, because I've not seen or heard nothing about it, and because the conditions and pay are worse still for non-EU illegals: unlike EU migrants, they don't have a right to be here (and a whole host of further impediments deriving from that), which makes it all the easier for gang masters to blackmail them for it (is that the plan for some of the pro-Leave campaigning businesses? replace the EU legals with more non-EU illegals and pay them still less? makes perfect business sense I suppose)

Edited by L00b

I know some of you may laugh nut I,ve just put £20 on Brexit with ladbrokes. Odds were 100/30 Which are shorter than last time I checked so I thought I would get in there before the odds went further down.

MobileB not being nosy but what does your firm do and what's the pay. Just wonder why benefits are better than what your firm pays.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 14:43 ----------

So the watchdog has ordered the removal of that underhand trick by

Remainians where postal vote instructions show that they should place their tick in the remain box.

They are damned dastardly cads those remainians using mind warfare:hihi::hihi:.

It doesn't say that the EU dragged Ivan kicking and screaming over here to work. Sounds like he volunteered for a bit of seasonal work and was disappointed. Sorry Ivan! But thanks for coming anyway :-)

No the EU doesn't dreg them over here to work as slaves but it does facilitate it.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 15:26 ----------

Nobody is "bringing" EU migrants into the UK: they bring themselves in, either through self-initiative (like the one in the article your linked) or in reply to advertisements by public and private British employers.

A group of Lithuanian migrants who were trafficked to work in farms producing eggs for high street brands are suing a Kent-based gangmaster operation and its directors, in the first case of a UK company being taken to court for claims relating to modern slavery.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/10/lithuanian-migrants-chicken-catchers-trafficked-uk-egg-farms-sue-worst-gangmaster-ever