EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Unbeliever you may wel, be right in what you say but that is not how I see it. I see the eu as run by unelected bureaucrats that are power hungry, are never brought to account and quite happily carry on their merry way even though it is obvious to a blind man that there is unrest within Eutopia.

In complete agreement with that.

The problem as I see it, is that the over-simplistic and populist rethoric of the Brexit/Leave campaign in action is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator of xenophobic tendencies, much more than engage in a rational debate about the socio-economic aspects of the matter, continually misrepresenting as it does the relevance of the EU to the UK's immigration policies, when it's not outright lying about it.

An opinion based on your own prejudices, you don't want rational debate, you want people to agree with you and when they don't you call them xenophobic.

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 15:15 ----------

Please explain my prejudice? In fact don't bother Smithy, I know you are only trolling.

You really should stop calling people trolls and xerographic because you are starting to sound like a troll.

An opinion based on your own prejudices, you don't want rational debate, you want people to agree with you and when they don't you call them xenophobic.

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 15:15 ----------

You really should stop calling people trolls and xerographic because you are starting to sound like a troll.

You call me prejudiced but then quoted L00b. Please amend your previous posts. Your accusations towards me are unfounded.

Xerographic? I never mentioned photocopiers either.

Edited by Shef1985

You call me prejudiced but then quoted L00b. Please amend your previous posts. Your accusations towards me are unfounded.

In response the this post.

Considering that Leave has now begun to focus its energies on the immigration issue which has seen their popularity increase I think it is entirely naïve to suggest very few people are xenophobic.

Originally Posted by Shef1985 View Post

I never said it was! I said it was naïve to suggest xenophobia plays little part in the reasoning of few Brexiters.

Your guess would be wrong. It depends very much on what 'type' of foreigner!

Prejudice

Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Its a prejudiced opinion to think that xenophobia plays a part in the reasoning of Brexiters.

Edited by sutty27

In response the this post.

Prejudice

Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Its a prejudiced opinion to think that xenophobia plays a part in the reasoning of Brexiters.

Read it properly. Do I accuse all Brexiters?

Read it properly. Do I accuse all Brexiters?

How many do you personally know?

And have they told you they don't like foreigners?

How do you come to the conclusion that some of the Brexiters that you don't know are xerographic other than it being a prejudiced a opinion?

How many do you personally know?

And have they told you they don't like foreigners?

How do you come to the conclusion that some of the Brexiters that you don't know are xerographic?

I haven't accused any Brexiters of being involved in the photocopy industry.

I haven't accused any Brexiters of being involved in the photocopy industry.

:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 15:42 ----------

Unbeliever you may wel, be right in what you say but that is not how I see it. I see the eu as run by unelected bureaucrats that are power hungry, are never brought to account and quite happily carry on their merry way even though it is obvious to a blind man that there is unrest within Eutopia.

It is my impression that there is a lot of momentum behind the project itself which doesn't seem hindered by the wishes of the people. I get the sense that it is fuelled by collective fear that the project is failing (which would be a very painful event) and can only be saved by further integration. But this is anecdotal, so I do not submit it as evidence.

Edited by unbeliever