EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Ok....can you guarantee they will be allowed to set up here though, post Brexit?

Will they want to rehire all their staff in the UK or demand we take their current workforce? What if we refuse because they don't match out immigration criteria?

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 19:11 ----------

Please can you reference the quote?

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 19:13 ----------

Fair enough, I was only interested in the survey of the Brit and German companies.

If a sizeable chunk of EU nationals deceide they want to leave because they don't want the hassle, I reckon the bar for immigration will be quite a low one.

What on earth is going on. Things were getting rational for a while. Now we've got the remainers pretending that it's impossible to do business unless you're in the EU. Try telling that to the vast bulk of the world which is not in the EU.

Where's L00b? We disagree, but he talks sense at least.

What on earth is going on. Things were getting rational for a while. Now we've got the remainers pretending that it's impossible to do business unless you're in the EU. Try telling that to the vast bulk of the world which is not in the EU.

Not quite, I'm just wanting examples of companies that will specifically move to the UK post Brexit as a direct result of Brexit. I did my bit: a specific survey about companies planning to relocate from the UK if there is Brexit.

L00b is a man? Thought he was a woman for some reason. Sorry L00b!!

I'm here, I'm here. On iPad atm, which is a b***ache to type and quote/multi-quote with, so more lurking than wading in ;)

What MobileB says makes perfect sense to me. There's no suggestion that it will be impossible to do business unless one is located in the EU. Just that it would be more difficult, perhaps significantly so in certain countries, all depending on how the negotiations go - and end.

As you well know, businesses like certainty at least as much as profitability. That has consequences. That can be costed in the business world.

I'm in touch with my feminine side, Shef1985, no offense taken at all :D

Not quite, I'm just wanting examples of companies that will specifically move to the UK post Brexit as a direct result of Brexit. I did my bit: a specific survey about companies planning to relocate from the UK if there is Brexit.

L00b is a man? Thought he was a woman for some reason. Sorry L00b!!

I would be very surprised if any company would get involved this. The PR involved if they remain won would make things difficult. However, I do know some are making plans (just to reiterate not the company I work for!).

I'm here, I'm here. On iPad atm, which is a b***ache to type and quote/multi-quote with, so more lurking than wading in ;)

What MobileB says makes perfect sense to me. There's no suggestion that it will be impossible to do business unless one is located in the EU. Just that it would be more difficult, perhaps significantly so in certain countries, all depending on how the negotiations go - and end.

As you well know, businesses like certainty at least as much as profitability. That has consequences. That can be costed in the business world.

I'm in touch with my feminine side, Shef1985, no offense taken at all :D

Surely this is a selection of companies "considering" their position in the event of Brexit.

I appreciate that there will be upheaval. I never said otherwise.

Will anybody concede on the remain side that there will also be gains?

I would be very surprised if any company would get involved this. The PR involved if they remain won would make things difficult. However, I do know some are making plans (just to reiterate not the company I work for!).

I believe you don't worry. I just wonder how many and if they will be welcomed, wrt which staff they want hire/bring along etc.

Coming to the Brexited UK to avoid EU red tape seems odd. Why not trade from anywhere else but the EU now if it's such a hassle? If their main market is the EU it still will be post-Brexit, and still with all the red tape, maybe more because the EU will still have its demands.

If their main market is the UK and they relocate to the UK post Brexit to avoid EU hassle then fair play, good luck. Which company are you though?

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 19:44 ----------

Surely this is a selection of companies "considering" their position in the event of Brexit.

Yes, never in doubt! Not enough for me.

I don't think anyone on the remain side has ever said the EU is perfect. It is not. There are advantages and there are disadvantages. To many, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. The biggest problem is coming out is a risk, a big risk, and many of us do not think it is a risk worth paying. For all the problems with immigration, the damage that could be done to the economy, and with it our childrens future, could be far worse. We are 8 years since the last crash and we have still not recovered. How long could this one take?

The Brexit campaign win on immigration and always will. Their arguments are generally solid although the strategy after leaving does not make sense and would not work. Just because it works in a country of 23 million with no near neighbours to compete against does not mean it will work in a country with 70 million and a competitive market less than 25 miles from our shores.

However, I have seen no viable alternative for trade and the economy that will still not involve the free movement of people and therefore in or out, the immigration issue will not be solved and therefore we have to be better in.

I believe you don't worry. I just wonder how many and if they will be welcomed, wrt which staff they want hire/bring along etc.

Coming to the Brexited UK to avoid EU red tape seems odd. Why not trade from anywhere else but the EU now if it's such a hassle? If their main market is the EU it still will be post-Brexit, and still with all the red tape, maybe more because the EU will still have its demands.

If their main market is the UK and they relocate to the UK post Brexit to avoid EU hassle then fair play, good luck. Which company are you though?

That doesn't make much sense to me.

If you're looking for somewhere to operate from within the EU, there's choice as well.

That doesn't make much sense to me.

If you're looking for somewhere to operate from within the EU, there's choice as well.

Sorry, it's not one of my better posts.

Are there any companies you know of that have specifically said they will consider moving to the UK from the EU if we Brexit. I have posted a survey which suggested a sizeable proportion will consider relocating from the UK back to the EU if we Brexit.

That's all.