EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

What law do you want?

Pleeeeese don't say death penalty......pleeeease.

Example: I'd like quite a lot more goods to be zero rated for VAT.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 22:18 ----------

We are free to exercise our sovereign right to leave the EU whenever we want to.

That's exactly what I said in posts 3683 and 3686. What are we debating here?

You seem to be trying to argue with me without contradicting anything I say.

My mistake the Queens consent is no longer required, legislation has been passed that unless it is immediate threat ( pre emptive strike by enemy ) PM needs consent of Parliament and should consult the house of lords,

Example: I'd like quite a lot more goods to be zero rated for VAT.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 22:18 ----------

VAT? You want to leave the EU over VAT??????

What part of "example" was confusing?

Example 2: I'd like a change of energy policy which is incompatible with EU rules.

Sorry, I thought your first example would be the zinger. Take me out with your first shot so as to not waste each other's time.

I remain unzinged.

I'm just stating that we are free to make whatever laws that we see fit, if we believed that a law was more important to us than our membership of the EU, we can pass that law.

It seems to me that some Brexit supporters who voice their concerns about the EU forget than we can walk away from it whenever we want to. So if it comes down to the choice of stay in and accept much more closer integration or we leave, we can leave.

Sorry, I thought your first example would be the zinger. Take me out with your first shot so as to not waste each other's time.

I remain unzinged.

Now you've lost me.

What case are you trying to make?

Is it your position that it doesn't matter about areas of law that we're not free to change because you don't deem them important?

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 22:33 ----------

I'm just stating that we are free to make whatever laws that we see fit, if we believed that a law was more important to us than our membership of the EU, we can pass that law.

It seems to me that some Brexit supporters who voice their concerns about the EU forget than we can walk away from it whenever we want to. So if it comes down to the choice of stay in and accept much more closer integration or we leave, we can leave.

That makes no sense at all. How can the Brexit supporters be unaware that we can leave the EU, and therefore regain full sovereignty, when their whole purpose is to persuade us to do exactly that?

A sovereign state is free to make all its own laws.

We have that choice now. And we will still have it if we vote to remain.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 22:36 ----------

Now you've lost me.

What case are you trying to make?

Is it your position that it doesn't matter about areas of law that we're not free to change because you don't deem them important?

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 22:33 ----------

That makes no sense at all. How can the Brexit supporters be unaware that we can leave the EU, and therefore regain full sovereignty, when their whole purpose is to persuade us to do exactly that?

We don't need to regain sovereignty. We never lost it.

Its really simple.