EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Are you being serious, because it seems like you either trying to wind me up or you don't quite grasp the situation with the Irish referendum.

The Irish voted on a treaty, it seems that they had specific concerns regarding the treaty so they rejected it. The EU addressed these concerns and the Irish were happy to accept the new treaty.

Could you explain how this is the most outrageous stitch up in western political history ? To my eyes this is how democracy should work.

Then surely the best thing for us is to vote leave! Then our terms of membership can be strongly renegotiated before a 2nd referendum in the near future.

Then surely the best thing for us is to vote leave! Then our terms of membership can be strongly renegotiated before a 2nd referendum in the near future.

Ireland wasn't voting on their membership of the EU, they were voting on a treaty.

The article is one sided....why might that be? It's certainly not good journalism to ignore the other side of the story...but it is the Sun I suppose.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/7194086/Faceless-bureaucrats-plot-EU-wide-tax-as-fears-over-continental-superstate-grow.html

So, what is the other side of it? Serious question. I'd like to know.

Whoever thinks that EU immigrants are a burden to the UK tax payer I will only give the following link based on a study from the UCL.

come to Page Hall, observe hundreds of fat, unemployed Roma immigrants standing around the street all day, and you tell me how they can afford to stand around on the street and still look really well fed?

And tell me who will pick up the tab for the inevitable heart attacks they'll suffer from?

And tell me how they can afford several overweight children each?

Are you being serious, because it seems like you either trying to wind me up or you don't quite grasp the situation with the Irish referendum.

The Irish voted on a treaty, it seems that they had specific concerns regarding the treaty so they rejected it. The EU addressed these concerns and the Irish were happy to accept the new treaty.

Could you explain how this is the most outrageous stitch up in western political history ? To my eyes this is how democracy should work.

I'm sure a multitude of different people had concerns about the treaty for all sorts of different reasons but you can bet your bottom Dollar those concerns would have been ignored if the initial referendum had been a yes.

I'm sure a multitude of different people had concerns about the treaty for all sorts of different reasons but you can bet your bottom Dollar those concerns would have been ignored if the initial referendum had been a yes.

You are winding me up aren't you, because it seems that you're describing democracy, where the EU respected the will of the majority? You seem to be complaining at the suggestion that Ireland would have accepted the original treaty if they voted to accept it.

I really don't know where you're going with this.

So, what is the other side of it? Serious question. I'd like to know.

I'm not entirely sure, I've had a quick look but haven't seen a similar story.

The Sun quote a 'kipper and Dr Fox...balance would be to ask a remainer to comment as well.

Edited by Shef1985

Today's Sun Newspaper:

'Eurocrats are plotting to launch an EU wide Tax system which gives every working person a new personal European Taxpayer ID number.

The plan has been drawn up by the EU Commisioners and rubber stamped by the EU Parliament's Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee. Liam Fox last night branded this as an outrage. He said 'this lays the foundation for EU wide direct taxation. It gives the Bureaucrats of Brussels the ability to tax every person at the point of payment, on top of their National Insurance contributions.'

"In a few short years the EU will be putting its hand in your pocket and making sure that you take home even less of your salary.

In return you'll get no tangible benefits or protection, but instead support a vast and bloated bureaucratic system."

Scaremongering or possibility? When you think how the EU sucks up vast quantities of money, and it's never enough, what do you think?

It's part of a scheme to minimise tax evasion within the EU.

The idea is that everybody gets an EU tax number, and then when they open a bank account anywhere in the EU, they have to give it.

Makes it straightforward for any EU government to trace all the bank accounts of one of its citizens.

They've been playing with the idea of direct EU taxation for years.

It's not unreasonable to suspect that the matter of tax evasion is an excuse to put the infrastructure in place for that system.

I do not submit this as evidence as it's only my suspicion.

It's part of a scheme to minimise tax evasion within the EU.

The idea is that everybody gets an EU tax number, and then when they open a bank account anywhere in the EU, they have to give it.

Makes it straightforward for any EU government to trace all the bank accounts of one of its citizens.

They've been playing with the idea of direct EU taxation for years.

It's not unreasonable to suspect that the matter of tax evasion is an excuse to put the infrastructure in place for that system.

I do not submit this as evidence as it's only my suspicion.

Even if many years in the future a direct EU tax idea was floated, it would surely only be for the Eurozone members.