EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

So shef not only is junker head of the eu but he is also the head of NATO. Whilst he may be able to say the Ukraine can join the eu he cannot say they can join NATO.

However lets leave it aside, the eu has plans to grow into a bigger empire which I disagree with totally. Hopefully should we be stupid enough to remain then I hope your vision is correct because we will not get another vote in my lifetime.

I am still out and the polls seem to be swinging our way, Cameron can keep threatening and parade any number of people like merkel to threaten me, it just makes me dig my heels in and more determined to vote out.

Why don't you tell us what their concerns were with the treaty as it was the first time around?

Happy reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-eighth_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_Bill_2008_(Ireland)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-eighth_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland

Edited by JFKvsNixon

Even if many years in the future a direct EU tax idea was floated, it would surely only be for the Eurozone members.

Isnt that how EU contributions are worked out now? A percentage of our own tax take, makes no difference if you call it a direct tax or not.

Thankyou for the link.

On the surface anything which helps to minimise tax evasion would seem to be a good idea, bit what's the betting all it will do is inconvenience ordinary people, while the serious tax offenders will find ways around it like everything else to do with tax. What else do they employ teams of very expensive tax accountants for?

You're welcome.

If I was a cynical person I'd wonder why a politician like Steven Woolfe (a fan of Lord Pearson of Rannoch) is against an idea aimed at reducing tax evasion and avoidance. Something that will affect the rich most. I'm also wondering why Farage wants to scrap discrimination laws. I mean, it's almost like UKIP are closet Tories...but they're not, they're a working man's party they say!

That's UKIP, the party for the disenfranchised Labour voter. Staffed by disgraced ex-Tories.

---------- Post added 06-06-2016 at 01:17 ----------

So shef not only is junker head of the eu but he is also the head of NATO. Whilst he may be able to say the Ukraine can join the eu he cannot say they can join NATO.

I am still out and the polls seem to be swinging our way, Cameron can keep threatening and parade any number of people like merkel to threaten me, it just makes me dig my heels in and more determined to vote out.

No Juncker is not the head of NATO but as someone who has knowledge of when Ukraine are likely to be able to enter the EU I don't think it's unreasonable for him to have an idea of when they might be able to join NATO as well.

Re Merkel. That's fine. Continue to use confirmation bias to ignore people like Merkel, the POTUS, Mark Carney, the IMF, FTSE bosses, Trade Union leaders etc etc etc

I too suffer confirmation bias and ignore people like Gove (a failed education secretary), BoJo, Tim Martin (who apparently thinks the IMF is the EU), Nigel ''I am a Thatcherite'' Farage and Donald Trump.

---------- Post added 06-06-2016 at 01:21 ----------

If you say so.

Article in the Guardian the other day by John Redwood. You like him don't you?

He makes no mention at all that we will never ever be able to have another referendum. In fact he specifically mentions another.

You didn't have to take my word for it and I hope him discussing it reassures you.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/25/vote-remain-eu-brexit-conservatives-leave

Edited by Shef1985

Article in the Guardian the other day by John Redwood. You like him don't you?

He makes no mention at all that we will never ever be able to have another referendum. In fact he specifically mentions another.

You didn't have to take my word for it and I hope him discussing it reassures you.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/25/vote-remain-eu-brexit-conservatives-leave

John Redwood will be the first to hit the roof if the government try to re-run this referendum.

It's not his decision though.

Shef if UKIP are the party of the disenfranchised labour voter maybe labour ought to change. Liberal are a spent force, you dislike the tories. Guess you are voting for a Labour Party that is of no consequence or the greens. We have to work with what we have and at the moment UKIP are the best choice amongst a crap lot as far as I am concerned. They got me a vote on the eu and that's what matters at the moment to me.

As i suspected, it doesn't matter which way you vote, the Government will ignore a Leave vote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36457120

I suspect they will try this if there's only a small majority in favour of Leave, but if there was a convincingly large Leave majority then what?

The government will fall apart. The public voted them in they can vote them out again, immediately or they resign.

---------- Post added 06-06-2016 at 07:27 ----------

All unless it's a resounding win for remain.

As i suspected, it doesn't matter which way you vote, the Government will ignore a Leave vote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36457120

I suspect they will try this if there's only a small majority in favour of Leave, but if there was a convincingly large Leave majority then what?

That article doesn't say the government would ignore a vote to leave. It says we would leave but stay in the Single Market. Norway and Switzerland are both outside the EU but in the Single Market. It would mean we'd have to pay in to be a member of it but have no say in the rules. We'd also still have all the immigration, meaning UKIP would lose all its MEPs but freedom of movement of people would continue. That's what I call a win-win.

That article doesn't say the government would ignore a vote to leave. It says we would leave but stay in the Single Market. Norway and Switzerland are both outside the EU but in the Single Market. It would mean we'd have to pay in to be a member of it but have no say in the rules. We'd also still have all the immigration, meaning UKIP would lose all its MEPs but freedom of movement of people would continue. That's what I call a win-win.

Thats a win win.