EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I'm alright with Britain leaving or staying.

I think the campaign & impending close result is sufficient to bring down the government.

Happy either way.

---------- Post added 06-06-2016 at 11:11 ----------

The latest poll says leave 48% remain 43%. Though BBC

I imagine a UK post Brexit to be even more influenced by the markets than it is at the moment. So this illusion of the UK being able to make all it's own decision is as big a smokescreen as immigration is.

It's the degree of interference in domestic laws which matters.

I say as I see, travel through page hall enough, big fat Roma in gangs on the streets all time of day and night turning the area in to a sh@t hole. Would they be here if not for the benefits and free movement....no.

I say as I see, travel through page hall enough, big fat Roma in gangs on the streets all time of day and night turning the area in to a sh@t hole. Would they be here if not for the benefits and free movement....no.

True. More immigration comes from outside EU.

Because it looks like we would head into a single market, free movement agreement we will not have control of borders in any case.

It's a bit of a red herring.

It's the degree of interference in domestic laws which matters.
And that degree is quite clearly down to the UK Parliament, specifically to the speed and zeal with which successive Parliaments have been implementing Directives for decades, rather than Brussels. The rest of the EU is positively littered with examples of member states stalling, misinterpreting, elbowing <etc.> the transposition of Directives into their national law in their self-interest.

Ask yourself why the UK hasn't and still doesn't emulate them, then ask yourself how this malleability of British parliamentaries to multinationals and markets is likely to affect UK households after a Brexit...

...or don't and vote Brexit :|

There will still be a UK whichever way the vote goes. But what the Leave campaign refuse to advance, is what shape that UK will take. It's all fine and well proclaiming yourself to be masters of your own destiny, whilst ignoring the whole WTO/ECHR, global trade thing which puts paid to such notions in the first place. Or is Leave just warming up with the EU, and intends to take the UK out of the WTO, the ECHR, the UN, NATO <etc.>? If Joe Average gradually can't afford to buy anything and/or can't find a job because the labour market reduces notably in size, exactly what will have been achieved? Will Joe Average feel warm and fuzzy knowing that he's master of his own destiny, whilst simultaneously unable to feed the kids? I don't think so.

That Facebook meme that's been doing the rounds at the weekend was never so apt, it goes something like (IIRC)

We have all been on a night out with that mate who when you're in a club says "it's **** here, lets go somewhere else". Then when you leave you realise he has no idea where to go and the place you just left wont let you back in. Without a decent follow-up plan a leave vote could see the UK stood in a Kebab shop arguing about whose fault it is.

Oh well, you can then rejoin if it doesn't work out. But then you'll cop for the full acquis, including Schengen and the €, no opt-outs or rebate. Place your bets, the wheel's spinning ;)

Edited by L00b

And that degree is quite clearly down to the UK Parliament, specifically to the speed and zeal with which successive Parliaments have been implementing Directives for decades, rather than Brussels. The rest of the EU is positively littered with examples of member states stalling, misinterpreting, elbowing <etc.> the transposition of Directives into their national law in their self-interest.

Because we believe in the rule of law.

What the hell?

If that's not the law, then the EU should not say it is.

Ask yourself why the UK hasn't and still doesn't emulate them, then ask yourself how this malleability of British parliamentaries to multinationals and markets is likely to affect UK households after a Brexit...

...or don't and vote Brexit :|

There will be a UK either which way the vote goes. But what the Leave campaign refuse to advance, is what shape that UK will take. It's all fine and well proclaiming yourself to be masters of your own destiny, whilst ignoring the whole WTO/ECHR, global trade thing which puts paid to such notions in the first place. But if Joe Average gradually can't afford to buy anything and/or can't find a job because the labour market reduces notably in size, exactly what will have been achieved? Will Joe Average feel warm and fuzzy knowing that he's master of his own destiny, whilst simultaneously unable to feed the kids? I don't think so.

That Facebook meme that's been doing the rounds at the weekend was never so apt, it goes something like (IIRC)

Oh well, you can then rejoin if it doesn't work out. But then you'll cop for the full Schengen and the €. Place your bets, the wheel's spinning ;)

Why will the labour market shrink & things become more expensive?

You write a lot but don't say much sometimes.

When you are next travelling take a trip through Meadows in Nottingham (keep your windows up and doors locked). A fine example of how the British live.

Because we believe in the rule of law.
And you think other EU member states don't?

That's either amusingly naïve a reply, or disingenuous. Which is it?

If that's not the law, then the EU should not say it is.
The EU doesn't say Directives are UK law. Parliament does.

Why will the labour market shrink & things become more expensive?

You write a lot but don't say much sometimes.

I've got 248 posts in this thread and counting, and probably half of those answer that question.

I realise you only joined in May 2016, when the thread started in June 2015; but I'm not re-typing or copy-pasting them, so happy searching :)

Edited by L00b

And you think other EU member states don't?

Clearly not, according to you:

The rest of the EU is positively littered with examples of member states stalling, misinterpreting, elbowing <etc.> the transposition of Directives into their national law in their self-interest.

How is this believing in the rule of law?

Rather answered your own question there before you asked it.

The EU doesn't say Directives are UK law. Parliament does.

That is a meaningless technicality when parliament is directed by the EU to do so:

directive: (noun) an official or authoritative instruction.

Edited by unbeliever