EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Exactly as I indicated weeks ago. A vote for Brexit will not translate into an automatic rubber-stamping by parliament:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/06/pro-eu-mps-could-mount-guerrilla-campaign-to-reverse-brexit-decision

The majority of MPs who don't want to leave could be as much as 150-175

Good luck persuading them to vote it through.

The benefits brake is a sliding scale and no one will say where the scale starts, does it start at 20%, 50% or 80% ( makes you suspicious of ANOTHER sell out by dave ) and full access after 4 years. Also if you initiate the brake in 2017 the last ones will go on it in 2024 so by 2025 back in the same boat, and those on restricted benefits in 2024 will challenge fact that those on full benefits in 2025 is not fair so off to euro court we go..

Plus all the above has to be ratified by euro parlaiment and initiated with consent of eu. So its not even worth the paper that it has not yet been written on. Its a proposal, nothing more at this point.

But not to worry as will never be initiated when we vote leave .:hihi::hihi:

Thanks for the link, I1L2T3.

If Johnson & Gove think that Cameron is going to wait awhile before notifying Brussels and triggering the Article 50 2-year period, they're even more stupid than I thought: that's Cameron's best ticket to high office in Brussels after the Brexiter Tories knife him out.

I wouldn't put it longer than 30 June in case of a Brexit vote. Them Cameron can get out quick, and let Johnson/Gove carry the can for the whole aftermath. Karma by the aircraft carrier-sized load.

BTW, if you want to vote leave because of the roma issue, go for it -its as good a reason as any but be aware leaving might not solve it.

Surely no one would consider immigration to be the prime reason for leaving. That would be plain daft. Not least because it would make little or no difference, as you say.

Exactly as I indicated weeks ago. A vote for Brexit will not translate into an automatic rubber-stamping by parliament:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/06/pro-eu-mps-could-mount-guerrilla-campaign-to-reverse-brexit-decision

The majority of MPs who don't want to leave could be as much as 150-175

Good luck persuading them to vote it through.

Quite. The referendum result is in no way legally binding on the govt.

Be surprised how many of us are bothered about immigration. Not all that bothered about the economy, realise there are risks but we will weather them. Its an added reason, the main one is I do not like being told what to do by some one I cannot elect or fire. Junker unelected, sorry his name was only one on the ballot paper so I suppose you can say he was elected if you like, I don,t.

I am British and want to be governed by elected British MPs

I'm not getting the argument that we need to stay in the single market because without it we wouldn't create new jobs, what do we need to create new jobs for when apparently we need immigrants to do these new jobs?

Be surprised how many of us are bothered about immigration. Not all that bothered about the economy, realise there are risks but we will weather them. Its an added reason, the main one is I do not like being told what to do by some one I cannot elect or fire. Junker unelected, sorry his name was only one on the ballot paper so I suppose you can say he was elected if you like, I don,t.

I am British and want to be governed by elected British MPs

I make you one guarantee. People are bothered about the money in their pockets. Immigration suddenly slips down the importance list when it comes to their own pocket. You will keep the same and immigration will go down - guaranteed a majority. You will lose a tenner a week OR immigration goes down - guaranteed the tenner will win a massive majority. Every vote we have ever had in the past 100 years.

---------- Post added 06-06-2016 at 19:55 ----------

I'm not getting the argument that we need to stay in the single market because without it we wouldn't create new jobs, what do we need to create new jobs for when apparently we need immigrants to do these new jobs?

You applying?:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/farming-veterinary-jobs/agricultural-machinery-operator/1170609925

I make you one guarantee. People are bothered about the money in their pockets. Immigration suddenly slips down the importance list when it comes to their own pocket. You will keep the same and immigration will go down - guaranteed a majority. You will lose a tenner a week OR immigration goes down - guaranteed the tenner will win a massive majority. Every vote we have ever had in the past 100 years.

---------- Post added 06-06-2016 at 19:55 ----------

You applying?:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/farming-veterinary-jobs/agricultural-machinery-operator/1170609925

We can't actually produce enough food for the population so farming most definitely doesn't need the single market to create jobs.