EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Shef that eu navy operates in international waters. If erdogan re-opens the med there will be quite a few boats and as we have already seen once migrants are picked up in international waters they are taken to Italy and Greece. So that navy is just a large Uber taxi for people smugglers. Its already been stated this week that smugglers are only putting enough fuel on the boats to get to international waters then the eu navy does the rest.

Open the med?......gee if only there was some sort of, I dunno, EU army or navy or something to patrol it!

One of the biggest obstacles to Turkey joining the EU Panzer, is the man running that country now.

Indeed. I would check the Turkish press to see how things are over there right now, but they seem to all be in prison.

Shef that eu navy operates in international waters. If erdogan re-opens the med there will be quite a few boats and as we have already seen once migrants are picked up in international waters they are taken to Italy and Greece. So that navy is just a large Uber taxi for people smugglers. Its already been stated this week that smugglers are only putting enough fuel on the boats to get to international waters then the eu navy does the rest.

To their eternal credit, when Mare Nostrum ended the Italian navy continued to rescue migrants. They were not obligated.

The migrant crisis is nothing to do with the EU. Do you really think it would be acceptable, even if there was no EU, for the rest of Europe to just watch as Italy and Greece receive thousands of people per day just because those countries are on the med???

Be nice if you are both right but Erdogan is as devious and underhand politician as you are ever likely to meet, so if he wants something I think he will find a way.

As I understand it, entry into the EU still requires unanimous approval from the council (heads of government).

http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-european-union-and-comments/title-6-final-provisions/136-article-49.html

So our old friend Tony Blair presumably signed off on their entry.

Even if we did get another Labour muppet as PM who might do such a thing with Turkey, how is anybody going to persuade Greece to approve? Get them drunk perhaps.

---------- Post added 06-06-2016 at 20:59 ----------

Doesn't that mean that the traffickers automatically get caught? That doesn't make much sense.

Sometimes being the good guys has a price.

It's not like we can just leave children in the sea to drown.

Edited by unbeliever

erdogan has today given a speech marking international womens day saying that turkish women should have 3 children each and that womens liberation cannot happen through the notion of destroying family.

Brexit supporters like UKIP, BNP and NF all oppose abortion for the same reason.

---------- Post added 06-06-2016 at 21:00 ----------

Be nice if you are both right but Erdogan is as devious and underhand politician as you are ever likely to meet, so if he wants something I think he will find a way.

You could say the same about Putin who for that very reason is very much hero-worshipped by the Brexit campaign.

Brexit supporters like UKIP, BNP and NF all oppose abortion for the same reason.

---------- Post added 06-06-2016 at 21:00 ----------

You could say the same about Putin who for that very reason is very much hero-worshipped by the Brexit campaign.

Okay, now you're just making stuff up. I can play at that game too.

All the remainers like to tread on puppies and not one of them would ever help an old lady across the street. Also they don't wash.

Edited by unbeliever

How will Turkey get around Greece, or Cyprus, or us voting against them joining? They currently occupy half of Cyprus so currently there is way that Turkey is joining the EU.

Okay, now you're just making stuff up. I can play at that game too.

All the remainers like to tread on puppies and not one of them would ever help an old lady across the street.

I'm not making things up here. NF, BNP and UKIP all oppose abortion and believe in strong traditional family values. They want to see lots of white babies. Putin is a hero to the lot of them. He's seen as an anti-West hero by the lot of them. They are undeniable facts.

"One of Ukip’s most senior politicians has lavished praise on Vladimir Putin for being a strong leader and ‘very nationalist’.

"Diane James, an MEP and the party’s home affairs spokeswoman, raised eyebrows by expressing admiration for the Russian president during a debate with senior women in other political parties on LBC Radio.

"Asked for her views on Putin, she said: “I admire him from the point of view that he’s standing up for his country … He’s very nationalist.”.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/10/ukip-diane-james-praises-vladimir-putin

How will Turkey get around Greece, or Cyprus, or us voting against them joining? They currently occupy half of Cyprus so currently there is way that Turkey is joining the EU.

You think there would be a peoples referendum on Turkey joining in any country?