EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Even if you were right, you surely understand that the effect of this referendum will be to set the stage for the next few decades. Doesn't it seem short-sighted to you to make such a decision based on your preferences for government over the next 4 years?

4 years is a very long time for some people and their planing rarely extends beyond a few days, you must have met some, they get their wages and within a few days they've blown it having a good time leaving them skint for most of the month.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 12:57 ----------

Will we have £350 million extra per week to spend or not post brexit?

Will Cameron stay on should we brexit, if no, who takes his place?

I'm not claiming anything to be right. Just answer those two questions honestly.:confused:

Don't know is the answer to both question.

Will we have £350 million extra per week to spend or not post brexit?

I'm not claiming anything to be right. Just answer those two questions honestly.:confused:

What may well happen is due to the unprecedented uncertainty that Brexit would bring, the £350 million and maybe more could be lost to an economy downturn.

Will we have £350 million extra per week to spend or not post brevet?

No. More like £190 million. Although we don't have to replicate for example CAP payments, I'm pretty sure we would. After that, there will be about £190 million per week left over.

Of course all that is based upon the assumptions on economic performance.

Don't know. Cameron, Gove, or Johnson. It's only for 4 years at most (assuming there is no prompt general election). This is about the next 40.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 12:59 ----------

What may well happen is due to the unprecedented uncertainty that Brexit would bring, the £350 million and maybe more could be lost to an economy downturn.

That's not impossible.

You are right.

Any economic gain (£167 million per week due to rebate etc) will be negated by an economic downturn.

£350 million is only extra for the NHS, if we can spend £350 million.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 13:01 ----------

No. More like £190 million. Although we don't have to replicate for example CAP payments, I'm pretty sure we would. After that, there will be about £190 million per week left over.

Of course all that is based upon the assumptions on economic performance.

Don't know. Cameron, Gove, or Johnson. It's only for 4 years at most (assuming there is no prompt general election). This is about the next 40.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 12:59 ----------

That's not impossible.

Thanks for being honest. I am trying to envisage what the UK will look like, post-brexit.

You are right.

Any economic gain (£167 million per week due to rebate etc) will be negated by an economic downturn.

£350 million is only extra for the NHS, if we can spend £350 million.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 13:01 ----------

Thanks for being honest. I am trying to envisage what the UK will look like, post-brexit.

The EU also costs British business £120 billion a year in red tape, so is also depends on how much of that red tape is scrapped.

4 years is a very long time for some people and their planing rarely extends beyond a few days, you must have met some, they get their wages and within a few days they've blown it having a good time leaving them skint for most of the month.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 12:57 ----------

Don't know is the answer to both question.

If we take 5 years to get back on track, do we even have an NHS?

:confused:

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 13:04 ----------

The EU also costs British business £120 billion a year in red tape, so is also depends on how much of that red tape is scrapped.

Net cost? any link?

Me too.

I just can't turn down the offer of improved political accountability.

I'm very hopeful that the UK will do very well once liberated from central European authorities. But I can't be sure.

If we take 5 years to get back on track, do we even have an NHS?

:confused:

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 13:04 ----------

Net cost? any link?

Yes and the country might have a little more debt, or it might not because the doom sayers turn out to be wrong, even the doom sayers aren't predicting a long term or heavy downturn, just a very slight blip that might or might not turn out to be correct.

The NHS survived the financial crisis and the IMF rescue of the '70s. I'm comfortable saying yes to that one.

Society was a lot different then.

Expectations of the NHS was a lot lower, society was younger, healthcare was more basic and cheaper, our lifestyles was more healthier.