EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

The Euro is optimised for Germany. It's like the whole Eurozone is using the DM.

The rest were supposed to converge. Some of them did, some didn't and lied about it. Some that did have since diverged again.

It was a bad idea.

How about France then? Only a smidge below us in GDP...

Not much of a blow at all from a a company like JCB. Compare them to the UK's leading engineering company Rolls-Royce who employee far more people directly with a supply chain that supports a further 100k workers who supports to remain. It is obvious which opinion carries more weight.

Who's opinion caries the most weight when it comes to what's best for the average person, the average person on the street or the head of Rolls-Royce?

Germany rebuilt their industry around making stuff after the second world war.

It's partly why we have a trade deficit with them.

Merkel also rules Europe.

No she doesn't...On the one hand you're saying that the UK is strong enough to take on the world by itself yet on the other you reckon we're a poor relation in the EU..not sure how you can have it both ways?

No she doesn't...On the one hand you're saying that the UK is strong enough to take on the world by itself yet on the other you reckon we're a poor relation in the EU..not sure how you can have it both ways?

Whe can't you have that both ways?

It's well known merkel calls the shots within the EU.

We're either a strong country or we're not..are you saying we're weak in Europe? Any chance of that link yet? I'm interested in reading it..

This again?? How many votes does Germany have? How many do we have?

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 15:09 ----------

We're either a strong country or we're not..are you saying we're weak in Europe? Any chance of that link yet? I'm interested in reading it..

Oddly its only the staunchest Nationalists that think we are weak in Europe...

Who's opinion caries the most weight when it comes to what's best for the average person, the average person on the street or the head of Rolls-Royce?

Tut tut. Selective quoting is poor form. If you read again, I was comparing Warren East versus Bamford. As for who I would trust between the average person on the street or Warren East, I would trust the person who runs a company that is responsible for the livelihoods of over 100,000 people.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 15:21 ----------

The U.K. has had 92% of EU legislation that it supported voted through in the last 10 years. Yes that obviously shows that the rest of the EU votes against us all the time as you would like to think.

Tut tut. Selective quoting is poor form. If you read again, I was comparing Warren East versus Bamford. As for who I would trust between the average person on the street or Warren East, I would trust the person who runs a company that is responsible for the livelihoods of over 100,000 people.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 15:21 ----------

The U.K. has had 92% of EU legislation that it supported voted through in the last 10 years. Yes that obviously shows that the rest of the EU votes against us all the time as you would like to think.

So Warren East know what's best for you, and you don't.

My opinion is that Warren East knows what's best for Warren East and that might not be what best for you.

This is blatantly not true. Anybody reading only has to look at the 40+ years of history of matters where previously authority lay with the UK government and it now lies with the EU.

They've been quite clear that this is what they don't like.

You realise that you've stated that our sovereignty has been "pooled" into the EU, but we have not lost it in the same sentence there. Was that a mistake?

This nonsense concept of "pooled" sovereignty is not fooling anybody.

Maybe some people have been turned by the immigration argument. That's their right. I do not advocate making this decision based on immigration, but it's their vote and it's not for me to tell them otherwise.

Do you have a principled argument for remain or not?

It's not true that we have surrendered control to the EU. We have chosen to cooperate and share decision making.

Pooling sovereignty is not thd same as losing sovereignty. I know you deliberately don't want to concede that point for obvious reasons, but that's the way it is.

Immigration is a major issues, the key one for a lot of people. There's some polling on it somewhere.

As for whether I have a principled stance on this of course I do, it's just that it's built on different beliefs to yours. We don't have to agree.