EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I don't have a problem with extending the registration deadline myself.

People should not be prevented from voting by technicality needlessly.

I suspect some of us Brexiters have forgotten that our ex-pats can't vote in this referendum. I would have thought they would have been biased toward remain.

I urge my fellow Brexiters not to get too paranoid. We can win this in the merits of the case. Not by crossing our fingers that those likely to vote for remain are needlessly disallowed from voting.

Good thing they don't care what you think then isn't it?

Anybody who decided to register between 23.00pm and midnight on the deadline day is a complete tool!

I'll bet it was organised, done on purpose to cause mischief.

I find it farcical that the government didn't ensure they had a voter registration system in place that could cope with the entirely predictable surge in demand as the deadline approached.

Is it possible to have an online registration that doesn't crash when loads of people try to access it at once? From my own experience trying to buy music and festival tickets it isn't possible.

Is it possible to have an online registration that doesn't crash when loads of people try to access it at once? From my own experience trying to buy music and festival tickets it isn't possible.

It's possible to build a system which can handle 10 times as many simultaneous users. Probably cost more than 10 times as much.

To make a mockery of your not enough fish?

So we have got enough fish! There was me thinking north sea cod had been terribly over fished and has just been taken off the red list, and its only now "sustainable". I must have it all wrong - send out the trawlers and drag the lot out.

Yes but it would cost more. The issue is - do you want to pay for capacity to meet infrequent peak demand? Cloud based systems allow you to do this relatively easily and cheaply - they can scale up and down quickly and you only need to pay for the capacity you need.