EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Having just watched tonight's Question Time....any respect for Mr Izzard disappeared after the first 5mins.

What a complete <Removed>! I thought he was incredibly rude, very short sighted....we'll not even mention why he thought it necessary to wear a pink beret!!.

It should have been a very serious debate. Instead Izzard just couldn't keep his trap shut. The more I hear and see Nigel Farage, the more I'm beginning to respect him. The media has done an incredible job of creating an alias as to who we all thought Farage was, turns out he's nothing like.

Way to go Mr Farage, you certainly have my respect.

Didn't Izzard do 27 marathons in 27 days or summat?

Amazing

So Warren East know what's best for you, and you don't.

My opinion is that Warren East knows what's best for Warren East and that might not be what best for you.

But obviously Anthony Bamford knows what's best for you? :)

John Mann comes out for Brexit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36496203

He said he had tried putting the case for and against in public meetings but had "found it impossible to argue the case for because the EU's fundamentally broken, it's undemocratic and even when you want to get changes - as David Cameron tried - you can't get them".

He said, on immigration, the EU's free movement of people did not allow the UK to plan for pressure on its public services

You sure?

You might want to read about NAFTA's chapter 11 and the infamous NAFTA investor-state claim of Lone Pine Resources in November 2012 ;)

Doesn't really compare to the baggage these EU deals come with.

What "EU deals"? :confused:

If you mean the TTIP, there's been a fair bit of opposition to it at the EU Parliament, but virtually none in the House of Commons, which has been negotiating it just as secretively as all other parties.

Make of this what you will.

Edited by L00b

What "EU deals"? :confused:

EU membership, EFTA, TTIP etc.

---------- Post added 10-06-2016 at 10:51 ----------

If you mean the TTIP, there's been a fair bit of opposition to it at the EU Parliament, but virtually none in the House of Commons, which has been negotiating it just as secretively as all other parties.

Make of this what you will.

If the EU parliament opposes it then it shouldn't happen. That's how democracy is supposed to work. Let's see what happens.

EU membership, EFTA, TTIP etc.
Now you've lost me, sorry.

How does the above link logically with the below:

Are you sure?

You might want to read about NAFTA's chapter 11 and the infamous NAFTA investor-state claim of Lone Pine Resources in November 2012

The TTIP provisions equivalent to Chapter 11 NAFTA are what detractors of the TTIP are most in arms about, namely the opportunity for private companies to sue NAFTA/TTIP signatory states.

You said "AUSFTA and NAFTA are not like this". They are exactly like this, TTIP is the next version of NAFTA, with a broader geographical scope.

Do you really think the US would emulate the UK doing away with any and all trade agreements (like Brexiters propose) and open its economy wide to China?

If the EU parliament opposes it then it shouldn't happen. That's how democracy is supposed to work. Let's see what happens.
Well, aren't you just continuing to demonstrate quite the aptitude for negotiating with that one? :D

The EU Parliament does not oppose the whole of the TTIP, it opposes specific clauses (deemed unacceptable) which then get a rewrite.

Round and round she goes, arguments/rewrites/reconsideration, until both sides are happy.

It's the exact same system for any other agreement and, for that matter, any piece of UK domestic legislation in the HoC.

Democracy in action, with parliamentaries (MEPs or MPs) resolving conflicting demands under their mandate of looking after their constituents' and their country's interests.

It's also why it takes so long to negotiate agreements and promulgate new laws.

Edited by L00b

Now you've lost me, sorry.

How does the above link logically with the below:

The TTIP provisions equivalent to Chapter 11 NAFTA are what detractors of the TTIP are most in arms about, namely the opportunity for private companies to sue NAFTA/TTIP signatory states.

You said "AUSFTA and NAFTA are not like this". They are exactly like this, TTIP is the next version of NAFTA, with a broader geographical scope.

Reading further, you may be right.

Why can nobody just bring forth agreements to drop tariffs?

So if we stay in we can reform the eu from within is what cameron said. So tell me how many decades did it take to get the eu to stop throwing dead fish back in the sea. Something that appears common sense to you and I, stop throwing dead fish back, which would have very little impact other than to feed people with dead fish that otherwise would be wasted. Yet it took 40 years just to change that stupid rule so what hope for anything that is a serious reform

Why is there no fish in our waters, because the rest of the eu fleets come and fish them, simple as that.

Why can nobody just bring forth agreements to drop tariffs?
Because that would be economic suicide for the developed world, which cannot hope to compete with the costs of production of developing economies.

What do you fund the NHS, benefits, housing, defence, etc. with, when the national economy ends up selling nowt at home or abroad?