EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

There are risks in leaving, but I believe its more risky staying in.

Turkey in the EU is a very worrying thought.

Recent polls are showing a rise in Leave ! Mainly due to peoples concerns over immigration.

Turkey will not be joining

Boris and Michael Gove are part of the Government that set the 100,000 target/promise; when they take over from Cameron, that will not be a 'different approach'.

Its not uncommon for members of the same party to have different opinions.

---------- Post added 11-06-2016 at 09:36 ----------

All fact checked. You are making the wrong decision.

We will never know which opinion was right.

---------- Post added 11-06-2016 at 09:37 ----------

Turkey will not be joining

Turkey will not be joining in the next few years would be a more accurate statement.

Turkey will not be joining in the next few years would be a more accurate statement.

I don't expect them to join in the next 2 decades, at least. They've been associate EC members since the 1960s, knocking on the door and being booted back. That's not going to change.

Turkey joining is the least of our worries, and the idea that it has any relevance to the referendum is just another xenophobic, anti-Islamic and racist dog whistle.

I don't expect them to join in the next 2 decades, at least. They've been associate EC members since the 1960s, knocking on the door and being booted back. That's not going to change.

Turkey joining is the least of our worries, and the idea that it has any relevance to the referendum is just another xenophobic, anti-Islamic and racist dog whistle.

It won't change my vote one way or the other because all it would do if they did join is make a bad situation worse than it already is and its already bad enough to justify leaving, but whether they join in the next few years or the next century is just a matter of opinion.

Its not uncommon for members of the same party to have different opinions.

That is true.

A election promise in 2010, an election promise in 2015; Cameron AND his party have lost credibility, in my eyes.

Lets wait and see eh.

Would be the craziest thing the EU could ever do. :loopy:

Yes it would be insanity. Surely we would be entitled to a referendum if it was seriously on the cards.

That said surely the real issue and pressing issue with Turkey, if we are worried about immigration and safety, is Merkel's attempt to allow visa-free travel for all Turkish citizens.

That is what needs to be discussed:

1. How would that impact is if we remain.

2. How would it impact is if we leave.

3. Will further concessions be granted to Turkish citizens further down the line?

4. What is the decision making process for those future decisions, and do we have any veto.

We can talk through the practical points without recourse to childish dog whistles. Let's do that.

I admit Im concerned too about the visa-free travel, and although I don't think Turkey's accession is on the cards I do wonder what Merkel plans next.

That is true.

A election promise in 2010, an election promise in 2015; Cameron AND his party have lost credibility, in my eyes.

Do any of them have any credibility?

All the parties that have had power have made promises they couldn't, wouldn't and didn't keep.

Do any of them have any credibility?

All the parties that have had power have made promises they couldn't, wouldn't and didn't keep.

Thing is though until this referendum you were one of the staunchest defenders of Cameron and Osborne on this forum. Unbeliever was too.

Now it seems they are like the devil to you, lying through their teeth, when actually their whole policy set (the one you supported) was utterly predicated on continued EU membership.

You can't really call them out when you have been so hypocritical yourself. Maybe you are realising you made a mistake?