EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

But eu grants for the new Slovakia plant which I am guessing will be direct competition for British jobs as they are not in China. If not iconic trademark made with cheap labour and passed off as made in uk, so as said not buying another.

Surely the point is that Cameron promised to control it, and countries can control their own borders; so Cameron just doesnt give a toss, make promises and then just ignore them.

So Cameron could have got immigration down to around 150,000

Surely the problem started when Labour opened the doors in 2004 with out any controls in place?

13,000 Poles predicted to arrive by government experts, how many 100,000's of thousands actually turned up? To be followed by Slovakians, Bulgarians, Romanians et al.

These same experts are now predicting carnage akin to Sodom and Gomorrah if we vote to leave the EU.

Thing is though until this referendum you were one of the staunchest defenders of Cameron and Osborne on this forum. Unbeliever was too.

Now it seems they are like the devil to you, lying through their teeth, when actually their whole policy set (the one you supported) was utterly predicated on continued EU membership.

You can't really call them out when you have been so hypocritical yourself. Maybe you are realising you made a mistake?

I don't think I've said anything like that.

But eu grants for the new Slovakia plant which I am guessing will be direct competition for British jobs as they are not in China. If not iconic trademark made with cheap labour and passed off as made in uk, so as said not buying another.

Panzer1 they couldn't care less. Their new factory is to meet growing demand across new markets. Your misguided belief that a 'once great company' has gone to the dogs is the stuff of epic turd.

As their press release PROVES they are creating jobs and investing here as well.

http://www.jaguarlandrover.com/gl/en/about-us/news/2015/12/11/jaguar-land-rover-confirms-new-factory-in-slovakia/

---------- Post added 11-06-2016 at 15:04 ----------

Read the post that I quoted and it will give you an idea.

I read it, it's deeply flawed. Like everything you write.

Lack of investment is ruining our NHS

Lack of investment is ruining our schools.

The ironic thing is that the people leading the Brexit campaign are the politicians who believe in keeping investment in our public services to a minimum.

Could/should more be spent on schools and health? Yes

Are immigration levels undermining and putting pressure on our education and NHS? Definitely.

Its also ironic that the party supposedly united behind the remain campaign, Labour, are the ones who want to spend more on education and NHS but have nothing to say on immigration.........

Could it be because immigrants are more likely to vote Labour?

Right, I've had enough of this drum you keep on banging.

Either prove that the EU is providing grants for car plants in Slovakia (as opposed to infrastructural spending for communications and transport links, like it does everywhere in the EU to promote growth), or retract this.

Cannot be that bad as head of jcb and now head of Dyson have both come out in favour of Brexit and both are global brands
You might want to look at where JCB is building plants and where Dyson moved their manufacturing in recent times. They may be global brands, that doesn't mean their growth is going to benefit the UK at all.

In the meantime, I'll leave this and this here for now. Yeah, yeah, avoidance is legal, evasion is illegal, etc. I know. Still, if it's people like this you are pinning your hopes on...

And if the UK government had the bad idea of hiking tax rates a bit to help weather an economic downturn, it would be very easy for them (and any other UK-based international business) to offshore profits and avoid this liability, by keeping these profits overseas in the first place.

Don't believe that would happen? Just look what French-based international businesses and global brands like e.g. LVMH did after Hollande got to power.

Money talks, <Removed> walks. Lot of miles travelled in this thread since yesterday, by the look of things.

And it's clearly going full-on hysteria, in here and every where else, the closer the referendum day comes.

I'm tired of it. Do what you will. I'm past caring, tbh.

Going by the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Les Echos and many others, and looking at the £ tanking when it should be riding the crest given current indicators, enough damage has been done to business confidence and the national economy by now. So both sides and everyone in the middle have already lost, whichever the referendum outcome.

Edited by L00b

No money to invest because too much goes to the EU, foreign aid, the welfare system, prisons, and the immigrants don't contribute enough to cover the additional cost of expanding the public sector to meet the increased demand they cause.

I'd ague that the added prosperity that being in the EU brings gives us more money to invest in our public services, and the immigrants live under the same circumstances as the rest of the UK so they contribute funding of our public services just like everyone else.

Lets not forget that that Farage is one record of wanting to look at funding the NHS via private health insurance. It's ironic that he uses the issue of an ageing population to justify funding the NHS by private health insurance whilst at the same time trying to cut down on immigration.

I guess the choice we have is to have more younger tax payers, or the current tax payers pay more tax.

I read it, it's deeply flawed. Like everything you write.

I didn't write it, the post I quoted was written by another member.

---------- Post added 11-06-2016 at 16:01 ----------

I'd ague that the added prosperity that being in the EU brings gives us more money to invest in our public services, and the immigrants live under the same circumstances as the rest of the UK so they contribute funding of our public services just like everyone else.

But if they don't contribute enough to cover the additional costs involved in expanding services then it just leaves less for everyone that was here before they arrived.

I guess the choice we have is to have more younger tax payers, or the current tax payers pay more tax.

So now you want tax payers to pay more tax to cover the cost of increased expenditure needed to provide services to immigrants.