EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

But if they don't contribute enough to cover the additional costs involved in expanding services then it just leaves less for everyone that was here before they arrived.

I think that it's a little more complicated than you make out.

So now you want tax payers to pay more tax to cover the cost of increased expenditure needed to provide services to immigrants.

Nope. I was referring to Farage's point about how we approach the problems associated with an ageing population. We either work out ways to have more younger tax payers or we wall pay more tax.

Nope. I was referring to Farage's point about how we approach the problems associated with an ageing population. We either work out ways to have more younger tax payers or we wall pay more tax.

Attempting to address the demographic crisis by importing young people from abroad is clearly a Ponzi scheme.

There are plenty of good reasons to support immigration. This is a rather silly one in my view.

Its far to complicated to put down on paper, but to make it easier, if someone comes to live in your house and gives you £50 a week for their keep, but it costs you £60 a week to keep them, the other people in your house will have less, now that might mean everyone in your house as less or just some of the people in your house have less.

Or work a few extra years and we make the most out of the young people we already have, get the young people not working into work, and the part time zero hours contract workers into full time work. Immigration doesn't solve the old age problem its simply creates another problem and makes the old age problem worse.

Attempting to address the demographic crisis by importing young people from abroad is clearly a Ponzi scheme.

There are plenty of good reasons to support immigration. This is a rather silly one in my view.

That's fair enough, so you're in favour of the high taxation/pay a lot more private insurance option?

---------- Post added 11-06-2016 at 16:25 ----------

Its far to complicated to put down on paper, but to make it easier, if someone comes to live in your house and gives you £50 a week for their keep, but it costs you £60 a week to keep them, the other people in your house will have less, now that might mean everyone in your house as less or just some of the people in your house have less.

It's far more complicated than your example. Everyone accesses different levels of government services, also everyone pays different amounts of tax to the government. So your example is far too simple to carry any meaning.

Or work a few extra years and we make the most out of the young people we already have, get the young people not working into work, and the part time zero hours contract workers into full time work. Immigration doesn't solve the old age problem its simply creates another problem and makes the old age problem worse.

So your answer is to get more of the young into work, I wonder why no government official has never thought of this before?

Edited by JFKvsNixon

It's far more complicated than your example. Everyone accesses different levels of government services, also everyone pays different amounts of tax to the government. So your example is far too simple to carry any meaning.

Are you saying that we don't need to increase the size of the NHS and increase the number of school places or expand our prisons and build more houses when the population increases, Immigrants use the NHS, they need an house, they have kids, they go to prison, all this costs money, if the tax they pay doesn't cover the additional expenditure then they are a net drain on the country. That means less for the people already here.

So you answer is to get more of the young into work, I wonder why not government official has never thought of this before?

Why should they when its easier for them to just let loads of new people into the country, its less work for government, it suppresses wages and keep profits high and they don't suffer the negative consequences of immigration, its win win for the rich and government whilst the poorest gain zero and suffer the consequences of immigration.

I you lived in an house I owned and I increased the number of people in that house, you would suffer whilst I gained.

Are you saying that we don't need to increase the size of the NHS and increase the number of school places or expand our prisons and build more houses when the population increases, Immigrants use the NHS, they need an house, they have kids, they go to prison, all this costs money, if the tax they pay doesn't cover the additional expenditure then they are a net drain on the country. That means less for the people already here.

Why should they when its easier for them to just let loads of new people into the country, its less work for government, it suppresses wages and keep profits high and they don't suffer the negative consequences of immigration, its win win for the rich and government whilst the poorest gain zero and suffer the consequences of immigration.

I you lived in an house I owned and I increased the number of people in that house, you would suffer whilst I gained.

What I am saying is the that as the population increases, the tax income to the government also increases, so they should invest more of this increased income into our public services.

The wefare state and the state pension are *already* ponzi scheme's, always have been.

Well then I hope you're not old and rely on the state for your healthcare.

Really, the whole brexit arguement is a bit like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas!

Edited by Magilla

That's fair enough, so you're in favour of the high taxation/pay a lot more private insurance option?

Kill the pension taxes to increase the value and viability of private and company pensions, increase the retirement age, encourage employer and private heath insurance (modelled on the continent, rather than the US).

What I am saying is the that as the population increases, the tax income to the government also increases, so they should invest more of this increased income into our public services.

Not necessarily by the amount needed to cover the cost of the additional expenditure needed to provide service to the larger population.

We could increase the population by 10 million but if all these extra people only earn the NMW then the tax they pay won't cover the cost of the extra services that need providing.

Not necessarily by the amount needed to cover the cost of the additional expenditure needed to provide service to the larger population.

We could increase the population by 10 million but if all these extra people only earn the NMW then the tax they pay won't cover the cost of the extra services that need providing.

There's absolutely not reason why a 10 million increase in the population would lead to 10 million people earning the NMW, so your suggestion is meaningless.