EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

There's absolutely not reason why a 10 million increase in the population would lead to 10 million people earning the NMW, so your suggestion is meaningless.

OK lets assume 100,000 immigrants pay enough tax to cover the cost of increasing the population by a million people and another million immigrants pay enough tax to cover the cost of increasing the population by a million people. The UK benefits from the 100,000 immigrants but sees no benefit at all from the million, all the others are a net drain on the economy so cause most of the people already here to suffer.

Can you see know that controlled immigration is a good thing and uncontrolled immigration is bad thing?

Kill the pension taxes to increase the value and viability of private and company pensions, increase the retirement age, encourage employer and private heath insurance (modelled on the continent, rather than the US).

Yet you have vehemently supported Osborne, a chancellor who is itching to raid personal pensions:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-3476472/Osborne-shelves-raid-pensions-saving-long.html

If remain wins, and Cameron & Osborne remain in control where does this leave you? Who are you going to support?

Do you think that now Dennis Skinner has declared for Brexit that he will sway labour voters.

I consider him to be proper labour, that stood up for and understood the working man, which is something "new" labour has no idea about.

He carries a lot of clout with older labour voters and a lot of people will take notice of his choice. has he just added thousands to Brexit?

Do you think that now Dennis Skinner has declared for Brexit that he will sway labour voters.

I consider him to be proper labour, that stood up for and understood the working man, which is something "new" labour has no idea about.

He carries a lot of clout with older labour voters and a lot of people will take notice of his choice. has he just added thousands to Brexit?

It's a possibility. But he has longstanding Eurosceptic views so him declaring support for Brexit can't come as a massive surprise.

Younger Labour voters won't be swayed by him I don't think.

I knew he was eurosceptic but actually declaring such is a different thing, I believe Theresa May is eurosceptic but if she declared such it would be more of an impact but I think she,s been bought off.

I knew he was eurosceptic but actually declaring such is a different thing, I believe Theresa May is eurosceptic but if she declared such it would be more of an impact but I think she,s been bought off.

He's been declaring himself Eurosceptic for years and years. This is the first time he has been able to answer which way he would like a referendum to go.

Any evidence she was 'bought off?'

Yes, this is a powerful argument and it's a shame the left wing case has not been made loudly enough because it's coherent and convincing.

Basically it's asking what does the EU, which is heavily skewed in favour of corporate and capitalist interests, really do for working people? The left wing Brexit argument also tackles immigration in a way that doesn't use dog whistle tactics.

But there has been no platform for any of this. Associating with the Tories and Farage is seen as toxic. The Tories in particular have hijacked the campaign for party political reasons, turning it into a battle over what brand of conservatism will dominate in coming years.

A crying shame. We deserved better.

No Chet I have no evidence. I have always liked her as straight talking like skinner, it was the feeling I got from her speeches in the run up to the referendum.i believe she is a potential leader which is why she may have chosen remain rather than exit as obviously she would be vying with bojo another potential leader. Osborne I consider is weak compared to both May and bojo.

No Chet I have no evidence. I have always liked her as straight talking like skinner, it was the feeling I got from her speeches in the run up to the referendum.i believe she is a potential leader which is why she may have chosen remain rather than exit as obviously she would be vying with bojo another potential leader. Osborne I consider is weak compared to both May and bojo.

You can be a Eurosceptic but decide to remain for pragmatic reasons. The EU is not perfect but we are better for being a member.

You can be a Eurosceptic but decide to remain for pragmatic reasons. The EU is not perfect but we are better for being a member.

That kind of is where I am finding myself.