EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

I'm not sure you know this but we're the UK and can prosper out of the EU, free from their regulations and ever increasing demands for money to pay for their bureaucrats and on eastern Europe re-generation projects.

Just now you was talking about just existing though, some of us want to do more than exist!

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 18:13 ----------

Why are people like you so anti-British?

Can you not do any better than a third rate stereotype?

Support for Britain’s continued membership of the European Union is currently the highest it’s been since the creation of the EU, according to a new poll released today, writes Jon Danzig.

The poll by Ipsos MORI discovered that 75% of people are now in favour of Britain’s continued membership of the EU. Only 25% want Britain to leave. This latest poll was conducted by the Evening Standard. Commented The Independent newspaper this afternoon, “The latest poll will alarm Eurosceptic campaigners as the Government raises the prospect of an early EU referendum.”

The poll means that support for the EU is higher than it’s been since the European Community was renamed the European Union in 1993.

The Evening Standard headline today was, “We want to stay in EU, voters tell PM”. The Standard’s ‘excusive poll’ showed that people would vote 3-to-1 in favour of Britain’s continued membership of the EU. That’s considerably more than voted in the last referendum in 1975 when the vote was 2-to-1 in favour of Britain’s continued membership.

The Standard stated about their poll, “If the historic in-out referendum were to be staged now, 66 per cent say they would vote to remain members and 22 per cent would vote to quit. Excluding the don’t knows, at 12 per cent, the result is an emphatic 75 to 25.”

The survey for the Evening Standard used the exact wording expected to be on voting slips in the poll, due to be held by the end of 2017.

Commented The Standard, “The results indicate the highest support for EU membership for 24 years. If the mood does not change, the referendum would end doubts about Britain’s future in the EU for years to come. The last time support was higher was in 1991, before the Maastricht Treaty renamed the European Community a “Union” and triggered years of Tory civil war.”

Eurosceptics need to get their act together.

Don't make me laugh!

Here's is Yougov's latest poll: https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/02/24/eu-referendum-record-lead/

Support is at 45% - though there is a 20% that haven't decided so it is still winnable for those that want out like me!

Edited by RickyM

A quarter of German cars are exported to the UK... another spurious claim. But also, again, this whole debate about import-duties is nonsense, it isn't about that, the UK wants to stay in the EEA, but staying in the EEA means, by default, accepting EU directives.

So, once again, the debate is: Do we surrender our influence in Brussels, or keep it. Outside of that question it is all pure speculation because all the effects of the single market of the EU will more or less carry on.

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 18:11 ----------

Again, read what I wrote above.

Who says we're staying in the EEA?

Just now you was talking about just existing though, some of us want to do more than exist!

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 18:13 ----------

Can you not do any better than a third rate stereotype?

Those that want the UK to remain in the EU talk about how catastrophic it would be if we left - I was merely stating that we could exist as a country out of the EU. We can only prosper when we are out.

I think you will realise that one day - I'm doing my bit to try and help you see through the spin and lies that are predicated by the 'In' lobby groups. The aren't groups that care about people like me and you. They are all representatives of the big corporations. Are you a corporation?

Those that want the UK to remain in the EU talk about how catastrophic it would be if we left - I was merely stating that we could exist as a country out of the EU. We can only prosper when we are out.

I think you will realise that one day - I'm doing my bit to try and help you see through the spin and lies that are predicated by the 'In' lobby groups. The aren't groups that care about people like me and you. They are all representatives of the big corporations. Are you a corporation?

The out groups do not care about the prosperity of the nation, or about mine or your future. All they are interested harking back to our past and getting one up over Johnny Foreigner.

Times change, it's time to look forward to the future.

The out groups do not care about the prosperity of the nation, or about mine or your future. All they are interested harking back to our past and getting one up over Johnny Foreigner.

The EU is hardly the future. Trading blocks are already an outdated idea with free trade being the default across the entire world. The EU's time has passed.

I think Nigel Farage and Kate Hoey speak for more people in the UK than the likes of the CBI.

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 18:25 ----------

The EU is hardly the future. Trading blocks are already an outdated idea with free trade being the default across the entire world. The EU's time has passed.

I think we are wasting our time trying to help this user see that our future rests outside of the EU.

A quarter of German cars are exported to the UK... another spurious claim. But also, again, this whole debate about import-duties is nonsense, it isn't about that, the UK wants to stay in the EEA, but staying in the EEA means, by default, accepting EU directives.

So, once again, the debate is: Do we surrender our influence in Brussels, or keep it. Outside of that question it is all pure speculation because all the effects of the single market of the EU will more or less carry on.

---------- Post added 19-06-2015 at 18:11 ----------

Again, read what I wrote above.

Name some of this influence, Camerloon could do with a few tips.

I think Nigel Farage and Kate Hoey speak for more people in the UK than the likes of the CBI.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, the CBI speaks for over 190,000 businesses. It has around 1500 direct and 188500 indirect members. There are 140 trade associations within the confederation who employ 7 million people, about one third of the UK private sector-employed workforce.