EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

At worst, WTO rules. At best (and far more likely) simple free trade. As has been mentioned multiple times, they (especially Germany) are far more dependent on trade with us than we are with them.

You think us having a trade deficit with Germany and the EU as a whole is a good thing? Why?

What source? what are you talking about?

I'm listening directly to the words and writings of people like John Redwood and the late Tony Benn. Also strangely enough Jeremy Corbyn and Frank Field.

People who have been learning, debating and dealing first hand with the politics, economics and other matters of the european project since around 1970 and have been telling us what would happen at every key stage and big step, and getting it right.

You, with the greatest respect, are listening to institutions staffed by people who weren't there, and to a lesser extent, people who were there but got it spectacularly wrong and don't seem to have learned anything.

It's harder work, but I honestly believe I'm getting sounder advice.

It's counter-intuitive, I know. But I trust these people, even those with whom I agree on little else.

Some matters are not susceptible to simplified modelling and I say that as somebody who largely does computer modelling for a living.

---------- Post added 13-06-2016 at 13:06 ----------

You think us having a trade deficit with Germany and the EU as a whole is a good thing? Why?

Leverage. .

I'm listening directly to the words and writings of people like John Redwood and the late Tony Benn. Also strangely enough Jeremy Corbyn and Frank Field.

So selected politicians?

That's the great source of wisdom we should base our decision around?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

People who have been learning, debating and dealing first hand with the politics, economics and other matters of the european project since around 1970 and have been telling us what would happen at every key stage and big step, and getting it right.

You, with the greatest respect, are listening to institutions staffed by people who weren't there, and to a lesser extent, people who were there but got it spectacularly wrong and don't seem to have learned anything.

It's harder work, but I honestly believe I'm getting sounder advice.

It's counter-intuitive, I know. But I trust these people, even those with whom I agree on little else.

Some matters are not susceptible to simplified modelling and I say that as somebody who largely does computer modelling for a living.

---------- Post added 13-06-2016 at 13:06 ----------

Leverage. .

Corbyn?? Tehehehe, his qualifications amount to what? Trade union studies? He's for remain in case you didn't know, as are the trade unions.

Tony Benn is an icon of the left but not a top economist. John Redwood...I don't see your fascination with him.

Sorry, but that makes no sense to me. How can we, as non-members, be further integrated into the EU?

---------- Post added 13-06-2016 at 12:25 ----------

Will do. .

Not further integrated as such, but subject to the standards and restrictions that the EU decides for itself. If we want to sell to within the EU, then we must accept their directives. We have input into the currect directives. If we leave, then we will no longer have any input.

So we either accept the EU's standards, or we follow an isolationist approach.

Corbyn?? Tehehehe, his qualifications amount to what? Trade union studies? He's for remain in case you didn't know, as are the trade unions.

Tony Benn is an icon if the left but not a top economist. John Redwood...I don't see your fascination with him.

They've been getting this right for over 40 years.

Do you attach no value to that?

Failed politicians, lol, by your own words. I give them all respect.