EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

We should leave.

If they want us to rejoin on better terms we'll look at rejoining later.

If they wanted to avoid Brexit, they've had over 40 years to listen.

Not really, things went Brexity in 1991...it's only since the end of the Blair era that it has looked even remotely on the cards.

Not really, things went Brexity in 1991...it's only since the end of the Blair era that it has looked even remotely on the cards.

Sorry, but no.

With a few minor breaks, this has been going on since 1973.

hence the 1975 referendum. Hence all the opt-opts and special provisions for the UK.

Maybe the latest surge started in 1991. So this time round they've had 25 years to come up with better terms.

Sorry, but no.

With a few minor breaks, this has been going on since 1973.

hence the 1975 referendum. Hence all the opt-opts and special provisions for the UK.

Maybe the latest surge started in 1991. So this time round they've had 25 years to come up with better terms.

The referendum won with sixty seven percent? Yeah, we were massively Brexity then!

25 years to come up with better terms if Britain had been complaining. Were we?

Edited by Shef1985

It would be electoral suicide for the government to not leave following a leave vote.

I would strongly advise people who want the UK to remain in the EU, to vote as such.

I have voted for leave.

i expect the government to obey the UK people either way.

This suggestion of vote-leave-to-remain diplomatic brinkmanship has a very low probability of success and would create a great deal of righteous anger.

If a leave vote resulted in a rapid economic deterioration then it would be suicide not to renegotiate. When it comes down to jobs and money some people will soon change their minds

Not me. .

I know. Totally understand your views.

You are tuned into the economic arguments but loads of people are not. That couldn't have been made clearer than on the referendum debate on BBC North last night. People are angry but they don't seem to understand why. There's a sense of incoherent anger.

Some people could be in for a shock.

The referendum won with sixty seven percent? Yeah, we were massively Brexity then!

The remain campaign in 1975 followed a sham renegotiation, and was extremely dishonest about the trajectory and purpose of the european project.

25 years to come up with better terms if Britain had been complaining. Were we?

Yes. Hence all the opt-outs. Maastricht was 1992. The government had to get opt outs from the social chapter and the single currency, then expend a lot of political capital to force it through parliament.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opt-outs_in_the_European_Union